You might be an aquarium nerd if...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol I love this one! Just like me and my little brother when i want to go to PetCo across from Bestbuy where my parents are going, I usually get him to go with me though.
I'm only allowed to keep 2 tanks running right now, plus a hermit crab tank. If I didn't have siblings, then i'd have more because my mom says it's not fair for them to see me get all these pets (I hate referring to them as pets) and that they don't get anything. Well, newsflash, if they actually wanted an aquarium or anything then they wouldn't be sitting around saying my fish are stupid, and then it's my fault again for them not having anything, and the cycle continues. Sorry for the rant, I'm sure others face the exact same problem I do.

Nils

My brother and I go through this too. My mom always wants to me to get him interested to give him something to do but he never wants to. I would hook him up if he did but he doesn't. Then I get in trouble because I didn't help him.

It's a vicious cycle... (see what I did there?)

You go grocery shopping and on an impulse stop at a fish store and make an impulse purchase and you are now walking around a grocery store carrying your fish to get essentials instead of your full
Grocery list

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lol, my little brother now has a beta in a 2.5 gallon that we got him for Christmas, and my older brother couldn't careless about fish, except for the fact that he's huge in bass fishing, and now he wants spare 10 gallon for a largemouth bass.....I've got to knock some sense into him. Anyway, I'm also a nerd because my mom made spaghetti tonight, and you have never eaten well until you've been to my house, my mom cooks everything homemade and it is so good lol, and I sat upstairs halfway through dinner before I felt hungry enough to stop watching my amano's eat their own algae, haha.

Nils

When I go to the lfs with my 4 year old, I can't get anything done or look at anything or have a conversation with my fish guy because she goes crazy looking at, touching, wanting to feed, wanting to buy, wanting to show me EVERYTHING. Mama look! Mama come here! Maaaammaaa!

4 year old to fish guy; "Excuse me, we want to buy a "uney goami" (honey gourami), then has a melt down when I tell her we can't get a gourami because the tank isn't cycled. Sobbing in fish store; "whhhhhy does it take so darn long for the tank to cycle!!??
She also gets really excited when I feed the fish blood worms. "Mama! He just sucked it right up!"

I almost wish my kid was bored of fish, lol. Then I could go to the store myself!:facepalm:

Yep, he's bored because he's been going to lfs's since he was about 4. When he realized that we were going into look that is when he got bored. I never impulse buy so that just made him go crazy. He didn't understand why the 8" Oscar couldn't get along with guppies.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When your puffer seems a little glum and you immediately do a water change, and when do a water change on your main tank because your cory's aren't showing full coloration on their dorsal fins.....my fish life. By the way, your lucky to have someone so interested in fish, especially a kid. My mom is the only one who will come into my room and even knows that I really like my fish. My dad and my brothers barely even know what kind of fish I have, and the one they do know is catfish. Whatever as long as I enjoy it lol.

Nils

Yeah that's my dad...

2 months ago: "is that a catfish?"
1 month ago: "you should get a catfish!"
Yesterday: "when did you get a catfish?"
Me: :facepalm:

You are quite the photographer! The moth looked pretty sick.

I liked the drawing of the two tanks that have centralized pump and skimmer.

You might be an AN (aquarium nerd) if you find yourself sorta, just a little, kind of liking the overwhelming smell of industrial strength janitorial ammonia.

You might be an aquarium nerd if....

Your friends want to go out and you don't go because you are saving up just in case the petco dollar per gallon sale starts

mcpeak...uhhhh, yes, yes that definitely counts. :)

:D

You are quite the photographer! The moth looked pretty sick.

I liked the drawing of the two tanks that have centralized pump and skimmer.

Cheers! Cheers and Cheers!(y)

That drawing is the reef build, I just need the cash to complete it:nono:
Thank for looking!
(Yeah, bugs fascinate me, really lovely close up huh! Even the mean looking ones are pretty cool!)
:thanks:

:blink:

This is my pride and joy, the whole thing is my greatest lifetime achievement to date, so I really appreciate what you both say.
:thanks::thanks::thanks:

You proudly take pictures of your water test results, much to the ridicule of your wife.

(Pre-PWC parameters)

Look this one :p
502551IMG2738.jpg

When you get freaked out in the middle of the night when you can't hear any bubbles going from the filter.

When you play hide and go seek with your Dwarf Puffer (way funner than playing with brothers btw)

When you care more about your brothers betta than he does himself.

When you do a water change just because your dwarf puffer is sulking around a bit.

Nils

(y) I play hide and seek with my puffer, well, it's more like peek a boo!

If you refer to all your fish and plants by their scientific names.

GUILTY! (Most of the time)

When theres a tank in every room of the house but the bathroom.

When you have 3 cars and a boat and they all live out in the weather so theres room for tanks.

When you spend $1900 on a shed so there's more room for tanks.

When your electricity bill comes and its less than $2000 and you're actully glad.

When you stopped counting at 60 tanks...

Hello mumma, (really really) long time no speak! Hope all is well down under!
I hope that's an annual bill for juice!

There are loads of OTHER things mentioned that I do.
:popcorn:
Thanks for making me feel normal!

When you think about getting a 125 and planting only to realize $11 an hour plus college next year won't cover the equipment alone...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When you think about getting a 125 and planting only to realize $11 an hour plus college next year won't cover the equipment alone...

Don't give up!!! There are holidays lol

When you spend more time on this forum helping other people than spending time on your math home work, nothing I'm ever going to use in real life anyway :) I mean seriously people, when are we going to need to know how to calculate the side length of an isosceles triangle? Other than maybe learning the measurements for a triangular shaped tank, that is :)

Nils

When you spend more time on this forum helping other people than spending time on your math home work, nothing I'm ever going to use in real life anyway :) I mean seriously people, when are we going to need to know how to calculate the side length of an isosceles triangle? Other than maybe learning the measurements for a triangular shaped tank, that is :)

Nils

Haha! Now that I think of it, I should be doing that now...

Nils

In my current job the Field Engineers use geometry math every day. We put on metal panels at a nuclear plant and if they don't fit they have to come measure it up to they know how to cut it so it will fit.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Don't give up!!! There are holidays lol

It makes my head hurt just thinking about the cost. Probably $1500 for lights, filter, and tank. Tank is ~$800, 2 Fluval 406's ~$400, and BML light is ~$500...then a pressurized co2. Yea dream tank won't be happening any time soon lol

Back
Top Bottom