You might be an aquarium nerd if...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a fish nerd and a book nerd! I read an entire Harry Potter book aloud to my guppy fry.

I'm sorry, this is really immature, but YASS! (Is that what's said?) this is something I would do.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

I get some weird looks from moms at aquariums when I tell their kids: "No no no, it's not Nemo, it's Ampiphrion ocellaris, otherwise known as the Ocellaris Clownfish. This species is easily confused with another species, Ampiphrion percula. The best way to know which is which it to look at the first dorsal fin. The number of dorsal rays of the Percula Clownfish will be 11, where there are only 10 on an Ocellaris Clownfish..."

29 gallon community
10 gallon gertrudae rainbow W.I.P.

Now thats worth the look of confusion on a child^^^^

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I call them Nemos. :). I also call the blue tang a Dory fish lol.

If we ever do salt water, I want some clowns a blue tang a blenny and also a flame angel(hubby's favorite salt water fish). I also like Benggai Cardinalfish. Not sure if they're all compatible. Obviously we'd do research first :)

I (loosely) know what they actually are, though :). They're clown fish. I just like to be silly lol.

I get some weird looks from moms at aquariums when I tell their kids: "No no no, it's not Nemo, it's Ampiphrion ocellaris, otherwise known as the Ocellaris Clownfish. This species is easily confused with another species, Ampiphrion percula. The best way to know which is which it to look at the first dorsal fin. The number of dorsal rays of the Percula Clownfish will be 11, where there are only 10 on an Ocellaris Clownfish..."

29 gallon community
10 gallon gertrudae rainbow W.I.P.

I did t know this and I have a clownfish now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You might be an aquarium nerd if you are the "go-to" guy on Instagram for all those betta owners fish problems.

Caleb

When you get all butt hurt at the lfs because they keep referring to apisto "red neck/shoulder" macmasteri as vejita!! Noo!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When a lot of your Facebook status updates are about your fish and/or shrimp some days.

When you write about your pandas and shrimp fighting over a piece of wafer on Facebook.

When a lot of your Facebook status updates are about your fish and/or shrimp some days.

When you write about your pandas and shrimp fighting over a piece of wafer on Facebook.

You have pandas in your fish tank!?!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Dragon14, I looked at your page and I saw your tank is grossly overstocked!
I mean really irresponsible. You make us all look bad. I mean a panda? Really? How the heck did you get 2 panda's in a 20 gal.. I mean cmon, they are endangered! Someone call the ASPCA, this tank is insanely overstocked.

haha :)

When a friend sees a facebook post about a tank and says the only word they recognize is betta

When you are going on vacation and have done a Google search to find out what fish stores are around before you go

When you are going on vacation and have done a Google search to find out what fish stores are around before you go

I do this all the time!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

When you get in heated comment wars on youtube or instagram with girls your age (I'm 12) about their betta or goldfish blogs. They always say "My fish are fine and healthy and I haven't had one die in 3 months and they eat and look at me and they rest on the bottom" when I am trying to explain that it is NOT okay to keep 3 oranda goldfish and 2 bettas in a divided 2.5 gallon tank with no water changes, filtration, or heating. Ugh, my blood is boiling right now and I haven't had a war like that in a long time...

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

When you get in heated comment wars on youtube or instagram with girls your age (I'm 12) about their betta or goldfish blogs. They always say "My fish are fine and healthy and I haven't had one die in 3 months and they eat and look at me and they rest on the bottom" when I am trying to explain that it is NOT okay to keep 3 oranda goldfish and 2 bettas in a divided 2.5 gallon tank with no water changes, filtration, or heating. Ugh, my blood is boiling right now and I haven't had a war like that in a long time...

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

Ahh we have all fought that war but in the end you just have to accept that if they won't take advice, nothing will change. Some people are just ignorant. I try to use trusted sources like SeriouslyFish to prove my point if needed. In the end, it is their tank and you can't change it for them.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom