You might be an aquarium nerd if...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the sound of it so far. you might be on a gold mine.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think I am on a gold mine. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445019994.808962.jpg
Wood to sell at the aquarium association auction.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445020118.149981.jpg
Wood to use in my re-scape.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445020184.619646.jpgmy fav piece.

They have already been washed down and trimmed.

Sent via Messenger of Gondor

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice pieces of DW. Do you know what type of wood it is? I'd want to sterilize them before going in the tank. Kill all the microbes on it.
I'll need a tank pic when it's in.
Looks like you may need to build a pond.
What's up with that tank in the background?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No I don't know the type of wood but when I re-did my 10g last summer I used wood from the same location. Very little tannins. Ill ad a new pic when the tank is done but that might be awhile, I do need to sterilize them lol. I probably would have a pond but the parents won't let me...

The tank in the background held native plants and Endler fry all summer. With it getting below zero at night I'm starting to take it down for the winter.

Sent via Messenger of Gondor

You spend your entire fall break setting up new systems and cleaning existing ones.

??

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447211224.180679.jpg
You find these bad boys at Kroger and hide them so you can buy them when you get off work?
They are little 24 piece puzzles

Sent via echolocation

When you visit your sister at school, but you spend a day going to all the fish stores in the area!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

The other day I was eating some of those Swedish Fish gummy candies, and suddenly realized I had been subconsciously diagnosing all the deformed candy the entire time.

You are reading and doing research and see a link for pet snails and slugs and say to yourself ewww slugs (thinking garden slugs) as pets then think oh duh I have snails as pets but slugs yuk, then think how you love Lettuce and other Nudibranch critters and are embarrassed for yourself.....and KNOW you're a nerd.

Never be embarrassed of bein a nerd. I called my son a lil nerd, jokingly... And he said "I am not". I said yeah... Yeah ya are. But so is everyone. He looked me n said "huh"? I said everyones a nerd. EVERYONE! Were fish nerds, hes a video game nerd, im a food nerd(chef), cops are law enforcement nerds, bankers are money nerds, etc.... His eyes got big as it sunk in. Lmfao.... I'm definitely a fish nerd.... No doubt.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You are reading and doing research and see a link for pet snails and slugs and say to yourself ewww slugs (thinking garden slugs) as pets then think oh duh I have snails as pets but slugs yuk, then think how you love Lettuce and other Nudibranch critters and are embarrassed for yourself.....and KNOW you're a nerd.

More embarrassed I be judgin'! Nerds are what makes the world go around, and rockets blast, and planes fly and me talkin to you right now! ;)

When someone in the family says we should get rid of that cupboard ..... and in the same breath says, no a fish tank won't go there.

I mean, that's really cynical I thought.

Although an 8 footer would coincidently fit having just measured on the off-chance....

When you start turning every available surface into a stand for a tub of baby fish or a brine shrimp hatchery.... who needs a kitchen counter or a coffee table or a homework desk anyway?

When you see 2 55 gallon set ups for $475, and then start thinking about how easy it would be to upgrade a 29 gallon to a 40 breeder you might be an aquarium nerd.

You're definitely an Aquarium nerd if you wake up at 1,2,3,4 in the morning and check aqadvisor to see if certain fish can be put together or come here and look at the member tank sections in awe or to get ideas or when you start dreaming of fish jokes... fish 1 to fish 2: hey are those algae wafers? fish 2 to fish1: yea, the girls go crazy for them.. fish 1 to fish 2: can i get 1... fish 2 to fish 1: noooo my brother you got to get yr own!!!
& You're definitely a nerd when you find a baby crab in your oyster shell and bring it home in hopes of keeping it alive!!!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

When you start asking everyone you come into contact with if they have a tank, secretly praying they say yes so you can have fish talk....

When you find out your brother in law brought the 55G to Thanksgiving dinner and eating the amazingly delicious food is an afterthought because now all you wanna do is find the measuring tape and figure out how to get the tank and stand in the car while simultaneously thinking who can take the people who rode with you home....????

Back
Top Bottom