You're kidding me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshfishguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got a new chilid and it died within a 3 to 4 hours I don't get it the readings are:

Ph:7.2

Ammonia:0 ppm

Nitrate:0 ppm

Nitrite:0 ppm

High range ph:7.3

What's wrong

I just got a new chilid and it died within a 3 to 4 hours I don't get it the readings are:

Ph:7.2

Ammonia:0 ppm

Nitrate:0 ppm

Nitrite:0 ppm

High range ph:7.3

What's wrong

A. Are you using test strips or API master test kit?

B. What temp is the tank?

C. How did you acclimate the fish?

My tank is cycled. It was a yellow chilid. I brought to the mall then went home stupid idea

My tank is cycled. It was a yellow chilid. I brought to the mall then went home stupid idea

I'm trying to understand. Ok.... So you bought a yellow cichlid and went to the mall with it where? Did you leave it in a bag in a car or did you walk around with it? What was it in while you were at the mall?

You should have gone straight home ( but you probably know that!)

Attachments

• image-2239194010.jpg
    image-2239194010.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 110
Ya it was in the mall

I now it was a mistake

Last edited by a moderator:
All, I have removed the off topic and back-and-forth posts from the thread.

I think the root of the problem here has been solved, but if there is further discussion please keep it on topic. To the OP: Please don't be offended but - folks are trying to help, but complete answers to their questions will better enable them to assist you were your issues.

Please, no more off topic discussion. If anyone has any issues, feel free to Private Message me. Thank you!

Yes you probably stressed the fish to death... Esp if there were no bag buddies in the bag for O2. Was it an established tank? Where other fish living in there. Did you test gh/kh? Like everyone else said if your not getting any nitrate reading your tank hasn't gone through an ammonia cycle. Also do you have a picture of the fish I know you only had him a short time but an ID would tell me if your water params had anything to do with it.

Don't have a pic but can you tell me how to have a ammonia cycle

I guess I had 15 fish in before and they were doing fine and then they died because off disease. Then I they the tank go for a 2 weeks then put the chilid in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom