Yum...lingual peek-a-boo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is too cool. It's a shame it won't work on humans. I could see it being very beneficial for someone with tongue cancer. The cancerous tongue would be eaten and replaced. I wonder if the process.....out with the old in with the new....is painful for the host.

---Nowhere to Run---
"Roughly 80% of all human beings on earth have one or more internal parasite infestations. For america, the estimate is 95%. Almost all human beings will suffer from internal or external parasites at least once in their lifespan and may never even know it."

Gross, why is the percentage higher in America? Are other countries deworming themselves more regularly? Should people being doing something to deworm themselves? Are some parasitic critters beneficial? I'd almost be afraid to deworm myself for fear of what would come out. One of Stephen King's "sh#t weasels comes to mind 8O

Well, truthfully if I had a nasty necrotic wound that's the therapy I'd want. I've heard it works great and even with modern medicine it is still one of the best ways to debride a wound.

Actually what interests me is the research work they are doing with hookworms. Apparently by infecting people with them and later curing them, it gets rid of allergies. It's given rise to other research into the usefullness of parasites. The thinking is, lack of parasites is why allergies are running rampant in the general population. So they're looking at what parasites are actually useful and controlable.

talloulou said:
That is too cool. It's a shame it won't work on humans. I could see it being very beneficial for someone with tongue cancer.

Funny. First thing that came into my mind was Congress. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom