Zoomed cannister filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
90 gal tank at my workplace . Right now stock is 3 good sized Ryukins & 2 BN Pleco s. There s a double BioWheel running now. Also plan to add

image-1585466073.jpg

a Golden Nugget Pleco.

90 gal tank at my workplace . Right now stock is 3 good sized Ryukins & 2 BN Pleco s. There s a double BioWheel running now. Also plan to add

View attachment 176030

a Golden Nugget Pleco.

I wouldn't go with a zoomed canister for a tank that size. I looked up the specs on the larger models (the largest I could find quickly was for a 75g) and its flow rate is only 200 gallons per hour. My Fluval 306 has 305 gph, and it was about the same price. Flow rate isn't that important, though. I just think that you could get a Fuval FX5 or multiple Fluval 406s and they'd be better for you. They will be better quality and probably more reliable. Rena Filstar XP filters are also nice. An XP3 (or now called the "XPL") or an XPXL would be a good choice for your tank.

What temperature are you keeping your tank at? Does it have an adjustable heater (with thermostat)? Normally people don't keep goldfish and tropical fish in the same tank because goldfish like cooler water.

We started with the Filstar & the first time I cleaned it, it leaked water out of where the cord goes in. Took it apart 3 times, cleaned up a mess 3 times....nightmare. I m on the clock during all of this & other people are picking up the slack, it s a busy veterinary clinic. Took it back to the LFS , they messed with it all weekend , then agreed to exchange it. Sooooo, thanks for the input, really. Everyone has different experiences. Just need to get this figured out, no one else knows how to maintain a tank, so kinda on my own. Well, the owner has a SW but I had to beg for an API kit. Mind boggling. Sorry for the rant, spared ya about 98% of the whole story tho :).

Back
Top Bottom