02 booster and flourish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fireman731

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I was looking for inexpensive ways to help out my low light, hardy java ferns and Amazon swords. I use the flourish root tabs and the fluorite substrate. I am dosing with seachem flourish plant food and c02 booster. Other than not running activated carbon , is there anything else I need to know? The plant seem to be doing okay the fern is sprouting new plants but some of the swords are a little yellow

Your Plants

So I was looking for inexpensive ways to help out my low light, hardy java ferns and Amazon swords. I use the flourish root tabs and the fluorite substrate. I am dosing with seachem flourish plant food and c02 booster. Other than not running activated carbon , is there anything else I need to know? The plant seem to be doing okay the fern is sprouting new plants but some of the swords are a little yellow

Hello fire...

The root tabs alone is likely enough. These are slow growers and all the extra fertilizers aren't needed. More isn't always better. I keep these plants in low light tanks too and just have a lot of fish in there to provide the fertilizer. I just feed the fish a balanced diet.

If you aren't changing at least half the tank water every week or two, you should. Large, frequent water changes maintain pure water conditions and healthy mineral levels for the plants.

Your call. You're the tank manager.

B

Well my tap water has a real high PH so I use 5 gal RO water from the store machines. It's not spring water with the added minerals it's the filter tap water basically but it has a lower PH, I don't have other options expect buying it but the gal for high dollar from the pet store

Back
Top Bottom