10 Gallon High Light, Substrate, CO2, Planted!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MC1973

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey here is my planted tank build, apparently I bought a ton of dwarf hair grass (way too much!) so I haven't even been able to plant it all because my hand hurts and so does my back! But I do want to point out that these new Petsmart bags are providing some plants in excellent condition! Even better than the LFS! So here's the pics! I'll post the complete submersion and completely planted tank tomorrow!

Attachments

• 1050404136766_ORIG.jpg
    1050404136766_ORIG.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 2050404136771_ORIG.jpg
    2050404136771_ORIG.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 3050404136773_ORIG.jpg
    3050404136773_ORIG.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 6050404162715_ORIG.jpg
    6050404162715_ORIG.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 120
MC1973 said:
Hey here is my planted tank build, apparently I bought a ton of dwarf hair grass (way too much!) so I haven't even been able to plant it all because my hand hurts and so does my back! But I do want to point out that these new Petsmart bags are providing some plants in excellent condition! Even better than the LFS! So here's the pics! I'll post the complete submersion and completely planted tank tomorrow!

I can tell it's gonna turn out nice
Even right now the dark substrate with a few rocks and the dwarf hair grass looks simple but very elegant 

Updates

So I finished planting most of the stuff, I got sick of it and threw out the smaller runners that came with it, I think this should be enough, and I will leave some space in case I decide to plant something else.

I have 2 CO2 ladders, they were on sale at petsmart for clearance at like $7 bucks each, a steal (they're usually like $35!). My substrate is fluorite, and I got these cool mexican river stones at home depot for like 5 bucks for a giant bag of hand sized stones. I just have a tetra 10i on there to generate water flow. I have 2 28W bulbs over this as well, I think they are 5500K.

I'm dosing Fluorish Excel as well as some ferts that came with the whole CO2 setup.

P.S. if you do decide to buy the CO2 setup, the packets that it comes with are useless and stop working after like a week. I did my own yeast mixture.

Anyways let me know what you think!

Also, the plants in the far right hand corner is giant hair grass. I wanted an underwater lawn lol.

Attachments

• 8050447675444_ORIG.jpg
    8050447675444_ORIG.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 9050447675455_ORIG.jpg
    9050447675455_ORIG.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 106
I can tell it's gonna turn out nice
Even right now the dark substrate with a few rocks and the dwarf hair grass looks simple but very elegant 

Thanks Fishandmusic81!
I'm super excited for this because it's the first time I've ever gone all out and tried to do a planted tank. In the past I've done some small things like amazon swords or anubias, but this time I'm trying to go high tech. Let me know what you think, I'll be doing weekly photo updates!

Your is off to a great start. Those plants do look good, they're from Petsmart you say? I don't think thats come to my part of the states yet. Keep us updated!

Your is off to a great start. Those plants do look good, they're from Petsmart you say? I don't think thats come to my part of the states yet. Keep us updated!

Yeah, I usually don't buy from them because their plants were sold in these plastic tubes and basically half of them are dried up and dead :(
They're doing this new thing where they seal it in a bag and sell it, so you don't have to deal with the wool that potted plants come in. I absolutely hate the wool haha.

Give that tank some time and it will look stunning! Honestly it already looks good, but it will look even better ;)

Give that tank some time and it will look stunning! Honestly it already looks good, but it will look even better ;)

Thanks!
I'm not sure how much time it takes for grass plants to start coming in with runners and acclimate. So I'll give it a month or so and see how it goes :)

Back
Top Bottom