10 gallon lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barterking85

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want to grow whatever I want I have a co2 diffuser and I am wondering what t5 lights I should get what size t5 will fit a standard 10 gallon and do you know where I can order a reasonably priced fixture?

jetajockey said:
screw in CFLs work really well in smaller tanks like 10g's. You could fabricate a nice reflector for it also, it'd be a really cheap method anyway.

Hmmm that sound good it has incandescent bulbs now so that would work I heard a rumor that for high light plants you need 3 wpg ( watts per gallon) is this true and will the cfl's offer me high light? I dont wanna cheap out if they won't perform well I can spend around 80$ if I have to

If you really want you can get a t5ho fixture, I would just try the CFLs first. It only costs a few dollars and works fine for me. I honestly believe that t5ho lighting is way too much for a short tank like a 10g.

jetajockey said:
If you really want you can get a t5ho fixture, I would just try the CFLs first. It only costs a few dollars and works fine for me. I honestly believe that t5ho lighting is way too much for a short tank like a 10g.

Can I pretty much grow what I want with them or is it a medium light plants?

Depending on how well the light is reflected it will keep you in high light. I've run dual CFL bulbs over 10g's and had to actually raise them up a little because it was too much. I just like being cheap though, I'm sure they make really nice nano fixtures.

ryan-peddle said:
Thanks to you too max that's in my price range

Really? I thought they wouldn't be... that is kind of pricey in my opinion.

ryan-peddle said:
I will try the cfl's for a while and see how it goes

Ok. Sounds good. I will be putting a CFL bulb on my 5.5 galling tank with a desk lamp. I am also going to add a special night time bulb.

Back
Top Bottom