10 Gallon Nao Cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zezmo

Aquarium Advice Addict
About 3 weeks ago I picked up this nice little 10 gallon nano cube. THe brand is "Cube Masters". It is a Chinese import. I was surprised by the decent quality.

Here are a few pics of the Nano. These were taken before I aqua scaped it. I just tossed some stuff in from my clippings. Heh, the water was still muddy in fact from the intial fill... I did the decor blind :roll:
Last weekend I made a trip to AquaForest and Ocean Aquarium in SF to get a nice group of plants. I will take some shots this weekend and post them. I tried to only get plant species that I hade never seen before. So teh tank has a nice, and unusual assortment of plants now. Eventually it may house my Dwarf Gourami's for breeding. I may even go entire Asian biope to make the DG's even happier. For now it has some plants and snails. While I was up there I also picked up a couple very exotic guppies to live in ther for now. The tank started with used bio-media from another tank, and it's heavily planted. So there was minimal cycling.
Nano-front.JPG

Nano-top.JPG

Nano-Logo.JPG

So I was already planning a few modifications to make it more DG friendly. Such as piping the outflow to mid tank and dispersing the flow a bit. One nice thing about actinics is they make the Blue in DG's glow. I may end up leaving it.

Nano-inside.JPG

The total flexibility of the filter system is what sold me on these Nano cubes.
Nano-filter.JPG

Nano-lid.JPG

Here is the box.
Nano-Specs.JPG

Nano-box.JPG

I believe i had this one too, my brothers attempt at a saltwater, its an 8 gallon with 2 gallons in the fuge/filter, right? Its a good little tank, except you MUST watch the intake "grill" on the left size. If they clog up, the pump goes dry and your tank can overflow. (it happened!) It happes because the back portion goes dry and ALL the water is in the front.

sper clear acrylic, its VERY hard to scratch. Maybe you should put in a review!

on second glance, it looks like yours has an improvement on mine: the wall of the fuge doesn't go 100% of the way up the height of the glass. No risk of overflowing for you!

Sweet tank!

Back
Top Bottom