10 Gallon Photo Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the wonderful feedback everyone. :oops:

I'm really pleased with this tank right now. Of course there are small things that I'm working on tweaking, but overall it's right in line with were I want it to be.

Well, after going for quite awhile without seeing any berried females, I finally spotted 2-3 berried females amongst all the saddled females while perform a water change last weekend. I should be up to my eyeballs in baby shrimp again soon.

I'm pretty certain that the breeding had stopped because I waited too long before thinning the colony. At the time I felt it was too cold for my first efforts in shipping, and none of the LFS were willing to give them a try even though several expressed interest. Since I didn't realize at first that they had stopped breeding, I also ended up thinning the colony a bit too severely on top of that.

Well, I'm now up to at least 4 berried females and a fifth that appears to be laying eggs. She's still got a saddle and is carrying one egg. She'll probably have a full load by tomorrow. Oh my but this tank is going to be bursting at the seams in a month or so.

Well I managed to get a few really good shots of this tank tonight. Here's a couple of the best ones.

Attachments

• 11month_full_133.jpg
    11month_full_133.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 249
  • cherryshrimp_11_793.jpg
    cherryshrimp_11_793.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 186
Well it's been a long time since I've updated this log. Obviously well past time for some new photos. I was able to get a nice full aquairum shot, plus a few good closeups of the foreground plants and shrimp.

As you may have noticed, all of the stem plants have been removed. This had made maintenance much easier, since I'm no longer constantly trimming stem plants.

Attachments

• 20Month_Full.JPG
    20Month_Full.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 136
  • MarsileaQuadrifoliaPearling.jpg
    MarsileaQuadrifoliaPearling.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 108
  • CryptWillisii.jpg
    CryptWillisii.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 98
I think that is the nicest looking of all your tanks. It really flows well together. I like all your tanks, believe me, but this one is my favorite.

It looks GREAT Joy. I really like the Marsilea quadrafolia! I wish I could keep mine from being a host for algae.

Thanks guys.

This tank has always been one of my favorites ever since I first set it up. I think that this is in large part due to getting such a good layout with the driftwood. It's really created a great structure to plant around.

Right now I'm not quite happy with the aquascape. This is at least in part because the foreground still has a lot of growing in to do. The rest is that I still haven't got the background plants flowing as I'd like. I think that I probably need to pull some of the larger Crypt Wendtii, so that the red isn't quite so dominant in that corner.

rkilling - The secret to keeping Marsilea sp. algae free is to grow it in an aquarium that houses an algae eating shrimp colony. About the only algae they don't eat is the hair and thread algae which seems to prefer the moss at the top of the tank.

Right now I'm in Atlanta, GA for the AGA convention this upcoming weekend. I'll try to get updated pictures of all my aquariums once I get back. They're long overdue.

If the tank is still up and you get some new juveniles, I'm interested in buying some. My LFS doesn't carry them =[

Go ahead and post a wanted ad in the Classifieds Section. There are quite a few members who are raising Cherry Red Shrimp, and I wouldn't be surprised if one or more has some available.

This aquarium has gone through serious neglect over recent months, so the population is down considerably. I recently did a rescape (swapped the Turface for some Black Sand) and hope to get it back to presentable appearance soon. It's looking pretty sparce at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom