10 Gallon Planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rocktrns

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok I have a 10 gallon Fish Tank
3 Zebra danios
4 Neon Tetras
1 Betta
I have some white ribbon plants and another water plant in the back of the tank and some grass plant.

I just brought two more plants online Baby tear plants.
How will I go about planting the baby tears and will they spread?

What type of lighting do you have and what kind of baby tears did you get?
Hemianthus Micranthemoides or Hemianthus Callictrichoides.

Finally, where did you get the other water plants? White ribbon plant is NOT aquatic and will die in due time no matter what you do. While the grass plant depending on the species may or may not be aquatic. Mondo grass is commonly sold as an aquatic but it is not.

What type of lighting do you have and what kind of baby tears did you get?
Hemianthus Micranthemoides or Hemianthus Callictrichoides.

Finally, where did you get the other water plants? White ribbon plant is NOT aquatic and will die in due time no matter what you do. While the grass plant depending on the species may or may not be aquatic. Mondo grass is commonly sold as an aquatic but it is not.
I got the other ones from Petco and Petsmart,and it is mondo grass.

Baby tears is HM... dwarf baby tears is HC. What I did when I first planted my HM was took about 1/3 of it and stuck it in the sand. It took off and I was eventually able to have it cover the entire bottom of my tank about 2" thick. Here's what mine looked like before when it covered the bottom (bad pic... really bad) and the way it is now...

img_1154214_0_df262a0ae6e2a88259ff13c266fcf625.jpg

img_1154214_1_f2982c5a5387521335e94e7a79997634.jpg

Wow nice picture,and was that just one plant that spread? or was it multiple plants. Also do you have organic gravel because I dont so what can I do?

you're probably gonna need more light at least.. when i planted mine, i cut my pots into like 5 pieces each (quarter size), cut off 80% of the sponge they came planted in, then planted them about an inch apart. you can plant them pretty deep also, help them keep stable while waiting for runners.

Attachments

• IMG_2545.jpg
    IMG_2545.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC00106.jpg
    DSC00106.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 117
you're probably gonna need more light at least.. when i planted mine, i cut my pots into like 5 pieces each (quarter size), cut off 80% of the sponge they came planted in, then planted them about an inch apart. you can plant them pretty deep also, help them keep stable while waiting for runners.
ok thanks what lights do you suggest getting I have a hood with bult in light sockets,but they have to be bulbs.

i have mine under 2 watts per, gallon plus i turn two other bulbs on for part of the time as well. i would shoot for 15 to 20 watts over the ten gallon..

So is it safe to use any light bulbs that fit on my tank,because I just tested out one of the light bulbs from my house lamp and fit it into my tank hood and it worked and it was very bright.

Make sure you don't exceed the wattage rating of your aquarium hood. The CFL bulbs are great because they put out a lot more light per watt than incandescents, so you can really upgrade an old hood.

Back
Top Bottom