100g Planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rokuzachi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Woo, everything is in order! Just waiting for stuff to arrive this week.

100g (60.5x18.5x19.25) Deep Sea Aquatics tank
Fluval FX5
Catalina 1x80w T5HO
8 bags of Eco Complete (long story)
30lbs black fluorite gravel
30lbs black fluorite sand

Plants:
Crypt Wendtii
Melon Sword
Java Fern
Orchid Lillies
Vals

Fish:
7x brown hoplo cat
2x spotted climbing perch
2x bristlenoses
1x chocolate cichlid
Neosilurus Ater (if I can ever find it!)

The Eco Complete was a debacle! Ordered, cancelled hours later to buy something else, still got charged, still received order, didn't want to pay to send it back. Ugh. Unfortunately a carpet won't be much of an option with the hoplo cats in there.

I got a good deal on the 100g though - less than 500 for tank + stand + glass lids + stock lights brand new. Cheaper than a 90g locally!

My hope is to have one side of the tank heavily planted with driftwood, and the other somewhat open with a lot of low-lying plants (largely the wendtii).

This will be my third planted tank over 10 gallons, but my biggest one so far. I've selected the light based on the Par/Distance chart posted on TPT. If y'all have any suggestions or advice for this setup (any part of it), please do tell, I want things to be as great as possible for my fish! It's hard to describe how excited I am at all of this coming together. I forget how much fun it is to set up a brand new tank :D

Back
Top Bottom