105W Compact Fluorescent Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice job. Can you post a picture or the rig with the lights off ?I need a welding hood after that video. Thanks

43184-albums2708-picture17741.jpg

The stupid part is that those bulbs aren't even designed to be used like that. The highest light levels are directly in front of the curly part, not off to the sides like you have it set up. And yet you still get that kind of light....

I want to see it with u-tubes now :D

I know right I figured the same however the bulbs are 12" long and stick out of the fixture, thats why I have them laying over so I can cover them with a white piece of plastic of course not touching the bulb as you can see the cups i use to hold the plastic up.
The stupid part is that those bulbs aren't even designed to be used like that. The highest light levels are directly in front of the curly part, not off to the sides like you have it set up. And yet you still get that kind of light....

Also about the U-Tubes, your talking about the bulb shape right?

Chodom said:
I know right I figured the same however the bulbs are 12" long and stick out of the fixture, thats why I have them laying over so I can cover them with a white piece of plastic of course not touching the bulb as you can see the cups i use to hold the plastic up.

Right, its purely for practical purpose, but imagine if you could make an array of them all pointing down....

Yea, u shaped cfl bulbs rather than the spirals. They have high equatorial light rather than polar light like the spirals do.

Yeah I know, I have 4 total, and just using two is just pushing out of reason, but 4, I am sure it would just be crazy all faced down, but for the reason of it being that nuts, I cannot afford to do that as I do have living animals in there. Which of course, using the all so wrong method of watts per gallon, but just using that simple rule, that would be over 10wpg. There would be no benefit at all to anything in that tank except of course being one of those guys who like to do things just because I can. I might setup another tank empty of all life and just go nuts on it just to show off.

Yes, I love the idea of the U-bulbs as they also don't get much in the way of reflected light where these bulbs block quite a bit of reflected light.
Right, its purely for practical purpose, but imagine if you could make an array of them all pointing down....

Yea, u shaped cfl bulbs rather than the spirals. They have high equatorial light rather than polar light like the spirals do.

Just added co2 to the mix, looks crazy with all the oxygen the plants produce. This project is just crazy, ill keep an I on some plants and see how there doing as far a growth.

Back
Top Bottom