10g Flex for the office

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cohenjl13

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello again everyone!

I have a little flex set up on my desk in the office that came from the guy I replaced. I cleaned it out and it’s going great for about a year now. I have now and have always has an algae issue though since the fluorescent office lights are on 24/7. Any suggestions on how to work with this. I was thinking of adding Co2 but my office doesn’t want me to have a timer, so that won’t work out. Right now it have 1 Dwarf Gourami, 5 Ghost Shrimp and 1 Rabbit Snail.

Get a couple nerite snails. They'll keep the algae under control.

I have about 6 In my 110g I do not like them simply because they leave there little white eggs everywhere!

But if nothing else I can swap out the rabbit for a nerite

Ya it's a little annoying. With that lighting on constantly you are probably gonna be in manage mode rather than a cure.

I should find an arts and crafty person to make little curtains for the tank. That why I can make it dark durning night hours!

Hmm I would have to remove and re apply everyday? That might be an idea, I’ll look into something like that

Or get a large cardboard box and put over it after you leave the office.

That’s been the plan, but I have been lazy to actively look for one and unlucky enough to not walk by one! I should have kept the original box

That’s been the plan, but I have been lazy to actively look for one and unlucky enough to not walk by one! I should have kept the original box
I'd give you mine if you was close. Lol

I think I have every box to everything I have ever bought. I literally have a room that is full of nothing but boxes.

I'd give you mine if you was close. Lol

I think I have every box to everything I have ever bought. I literally have a room that is full of nothing but boxes.
Got an area of my garage dedicated to boxes from Amazon purchases.

Looks like I’m missing out on the cool kid trend of saving boxes!

My wife doesn't think it's cool at all....then I tell her to stop buying things [emoji16]

Back
Top Bottom