10g Planted Tank Tips.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrightyDog

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have had plants for a few months now (about 3) And they look like they are starting to wilt. My question is, what fertilizers should I use? It is a 10 gallon tank with 2 25 watt bulbs (5 watts per gallon). I use nothing now. The plants are:
Anubias
Sword Plant
2 variations of hygrophila (or maybe Cryptocoryne beckettii)
I would love to make this beautiful. I do not want to add a CO2 system, but i would still want it to look amazing.

With the anubias make sure the rhizome isn't buried or it will kill the plant. The rest are big root feeders and need substrate fertilization.

Yes I know. The anubias has been in there for months. Just now is algae starting to grow on it. And i have been finding that out. Should i use root tabs and thats it? I have gravel substrate

The amazon sword draws almost all of its nutrients from the roots. The hygro will pull nutrients from both the roots and water. If its a crypt its almost completely substrate. I would add some stem plants and start using fertilizers. I would also follow that up with excel. Both of those things should help stop the algae before it gets bad.

Back
Top Bottom