10G Planting Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is that aluminum foil or what did you put in there for reflection?

Scoobcake said:
Is that aluminum foil or what did you put in there for reflection?

Exactly, heavy duty foil works great, I cut a few pieces to size and used spray-adhesive.

jnizzle said:
Exactly, heavy duty foil works great, I cut a few pieces to size and used spray-adhesive.

That is a great idea, don't know if I want to play with electricity though.

ashleynicole said:
That is a great idea, don't know if I want to play with electricity though.

It's really very simple. You just need to figure out the positive and negative chords and attach them correctly. I'm sure the guy at home depot or lowes would be able to help you! I can also walk you through it if you'd like.

I have LED's on my tank and they are doing a great job. I think LED's are the soon replacement for Compact flourescents.

jnizzle said:
It's really very simple. You just need to figure out the positive and negative chords and attach them correctly. I'm sure the guy at home depot or lowes would be able to help you! I can also walk you through it if you'd like.

You could send me a PM with your instructions. I have a good idea but I don't want to electrocute myself haha

Great to hear and thanks for the suggestions! :)

It'll be awhile before I have everything set up as Im still waiting on shipments of a my equipment and haven't even ordered any plants yet but I will definately post pictures as it comes together. This will be my first attempt at a planted tank and I'm pretty excited. Hope it turns out like I'm envisioning.

Any idea where I can pick up the mesh material you mention? That sounds like the easiest and most secure option.

Actually, hairnets are a very cheap kind of mesh. You can get them for a buck and it works great.

And you are very welcome. :)

Hi...could I join in and get a copy of this instructions as well? I have a 20G long that doesn't have a light hood yet..maybe I can get an idea from your genius creation. :) Thanks in advance.

Im just wondering how does one get the hairnet out after the plants start growing through it?

it is easy to cut it with a scissor when you know that the plant is really had a good hold on the DW or other ornaments you attached it to.

If you want to see my heavily planted CPD/shrimp tank look at some of my posts. I've exceeded my quota (?) and this board won't let me post pics ???

My 10g uses 2 screw in CFLs mine are Marineland. Just try and get 6500K or close to that Kelvin number. I used Flourite sand with root tabs for my stem plants.
I have to trim my stems weekly.

My CPDs are doing great. I have 7 of them.

Back
Top Bottom