10g showoff/tankdiary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks pretty good. The green & white leaved plant in your last post isn't aquatic. It's terrestrial and needs soil to grow to boot.

george9617 said:
But I am using soil, I'm confused :\

A terrestrial plant cannot survive long term completely submerged within the water column...it will slowly die,rot&then foul your tank up...if the roots themselves were below the water line while the rest of the plant itself was above the water line it should be fine...this process is described as emersed growth..

george9617 said:
But I am using soil, I'm confused :\

Don't be down. Lots of non aquatic plants are sold as aquarium plants at some shops. For stuff like frog tanks they're perfect but fir fish tanks they'll just drown. Most of us have taken something like that home at some point.

No worries I'll just add it to the filter with the bamboo and go plant hunting when I get off work

Yea I got lucky with the driftwood. I'm gonna get some shrimp and some other stuff tomorrow prob just go ahead upgrade tank sizes soon. The 10 gallon is a trial run

Back
Top Bottom