10G Stocking...Again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Austin.b

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, in one of my low tech 10G's I have
5-CPD's
2-Sarlet Badis (male&female)

I Was wondering if I can do another school of Chili's? Or should I up my school of CPD's? If i can do a school of Chili's, how many could I get? I was thinking maybe 6 CPD's and 6 chili's total, or 7 CPD's and 7 Chili's. Also, would the scarlet badis be aggressive to the Chili's because of their small size? I also plan to have shrimp I there at one point, probably yellows, but does having shrimp later on effect my stocking now? Thanks in advance!

Austin.b said:
Hi, in one of my low tech 10G's I have
5-CPD's
2-Sarlet Badis (male&female)

I Was wondering if I can do another school of Chili's? Or should I up my school of CPD's? If i can do a school of Chili's, how many could I get? I was thinking maybe 6 CPD's and 6 chili's total, or 7 CPD's and 7 Chili's. Also, would the scarlet badis be aggressive to the Chili's because of their small size? I also plan to have shrimp I there at one point, probably yellows, but does having shrimp later on effect my stocking now? Thanks in advance!

Just be aware the fish will pick off Shrimplets.
I don't think S Badis are aggressive to other fish besides other S Badis. Shrimp are fairly low bioload, but if this is a newish tank, go slow on stocking.

I have 7 CPDs in my 10g AFAIK. They are impossible to count LOL. What is your Male to Female ratio ??

Coursair said:
Just be aware the fish will pick off Shrimplets.
I don't think S Badis are aggressive to other fish besides other S Badis. Shrimp are fairly low bioload, but if this is a newish tank, go slow on stocking.

I have 7 CPDs in my 10g AFAIK. They are impossible to count LOL. What is your Male to Female ratio ??

Oh yeah, I know the badis will pick off baby shrimp:) the tank is kind of new, probably a month and a half old or so. Its because I just redid it with sand instead of gravel, so that restarted the tank.

LOL mine still freak out like crazy when i approach the tank. To be honest, I have no clue lol how can I sex them? Thank you for the help!

10g isn't big enough for two schools of fish, IMO. If anything add a few more CPDs and call it good.

aqua_chem said:
10g isn't big enough for two schools of fish, IMO. If anything add a few more CPDs and call it good.

Ok, I was also kind of thinking the same. Probably 2 or 3 more?

Okay cool because I was thinking its a good stock list perhaps 2 more females & a few more cpds

OBEYtheFISH said:
Okay cool because I was thinking its a good stock list perhaps 2 more females & a few more cpds

2 more female badis? I think I'm going to stick with CPD's, probably going to get 3 more next weekend, does this sound good? So total I will have 8 CPD'S:)

No prob!
I'm thinking of having the same stock in a 25ish bowfront
Scarlet badis 3m:6-9f
CPDs 10 or green neon
Pseudomugil Gertrudae 6
Samurai gourami 1
What do you think? Lol

OBEYtheFISH said:
No prob!
I'm thinking of having the same stock in a 25ish bowfront
Scarlet badis 3m:6-9f
CPDs 10 or green neon
Pseudomugil Gertrudae 6
Samurai gourami 1
What do you think? Lol

I would go with the 10 CPD's, their color seems to compliment the badis nicely:) wow! Pseudomugil Gertrudae are awesome little fish! Lol to be honest, I would skip the samurai gourami, and bump up the school of Gertrudae to 10, that way you can have a better chance at breeding. Oh, and have maybe 3 or 4 Amano shrimp ;) haha thats actually a pretty awesome stock you have there!

I will have a few p. Gertrudae in another tank
I wanted the samurai gourami to be my center piece fish
& for the badis idk if they'll be the scarlet or the blue ones
I was thinking of shrimp as well but maybe something with color? Like yellow shrimp or OEBT?

OBEYtheFISH said:
I will have a few p. Gertrudae in another tank
I wanted the samurai gourami to be my center piece fish
& for the badis idk if they'll be the scarlet or the blue ones

Oh ok, wouldn't the gourami be slightly aggressive at times? I want the blue ones so badly.....can't find anything about them
Though. If I find them, could I do 2 female blue badis with my current male scarlet badis and female scarlet badis?

OBEYtheFISH said:
Center piece

Schoolers

Mid-top dweller

Bottom dweller

Invert

I'm sorry.....this will be my stock for my 40. I'm going to have to steal it from you. Hahaha some minor tweaks though;) what kind of shrimp is that? I'm going to add shrimp at one point to the 10, but unsure which one. I don't want to put any expensive shrimp in my 10 because the badis will eat the shrimplets.

Haha that's cool I didn't patented it lol
It's a really dark OEBlueT or I would get OEBlackT
I'm going heavily planted so I should have a few surviving shrimplets

OBEYtheFISH said:
Haha that's cool I didn't patented it lol
It's a really dark OEBlueT or I would get OEBlackT
I'm going heavily planted so I should have a few surviving shrimplets

I don't know If I would trust that gourami lol

Back
Top Bottom