10gal planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

10gal_nano

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone, I have a 30 reef, 10 reef, and a 44 corner hex planted. My sister wanted a tank so I decided to start her with a 10 planted. So I want to go guppies and a few tetras. We were coming up with ideas. So far we have tank and filter running. We are planning moss, Anubis, swords, and a few other plants. We would also like some shrimp like cherries or something like that. These lights were the ones planned. Are they good? LED 24" 0 50W 6500K Aquarium Light Freshwater Plant Tropical Fish Tetra 60cm | eBay

Fish are friends not food!

I think 50w is going to be way too much for a tank that size, do you want to go hi tech with Co2 and ferts, or low tecg with no Co2 and you don't really need to dose ferts?

Would it be bad to get that light or just bright? I might upgrade to a 20 later on

Ferts are fertalizers. I agree that that light is overkill unless you want to go high tec (using ferilizers and co2) other wise your asking for an algae farm. I have a 15 watt fluorescent bulb on a low tech ten gallon and it's works great, the plants grow very well.

One bulb is good right? I can take the florescent from the other planted and buy the led for it. And use that florescent on the 10. What bulb should I buy? 24 inches

Ok so it's been a while, I have one male and 2 female fancy guppies and 1 male and 2 female endlers live bearers. Have a couple plants including some Christmas moss. Lighting. I went with a florescent plant bulb.

Back
Top Bottom