10gallon Planted Upgrade Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WaterPond

Aquarium Advice Addict
I decided that it was tome to upgrade my 10gallon apisto tank. It used to just be a mess of plants with rotting stems because i only had 9 watts over it. The only things that grew well were crypts and my spiral vals. not to mention i didnt dose anything either. I wanted something a little more... so i bought two 24w fixtures to put over this tank. That gives me a total of 48watts. Should be fun, i have never worked with that much light before. I know since its a small tank that only brings my WPG down a bit. Still havn't figured out the exact amount. I also have a co2 reacotr running. I have never had good luck with co2, but i will be more dilegent with this, see how it goes.

I am dosing with dry ferts, and tropica aquacare liquid.

For substrate i am usuing eco-complete with a small layer of black gravel on top.

My plants are:

Cryptocoryne beckettii ''petchii''
Cryptocoryne wendtii ''brown''
Cryptocoryne wendtii ''green''
Cryptocoryne parva
Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides (maritima)
Ludwigia glandulosa
Vallisneria americana ''mini twister''

I plan on getting some type of groundcover (i was thinking Marsilea minuta or good ol' glosso)

I also plan on getting some downoi or some other type of mid ground plant for a small tank.

I will post pictures as soon as photobucket is done with maintenance. Its a work in progress.

My camera takes awsome pics, but once i run them through photobucket they turn out not so good. Really blurry and such. I will try to get some better ones.

Here are the inhabitatnts of the tank:
img_823754_0_2f3ac2d0e4421689ccbbaaaa14925b54.jpg

img_823754_1_93a09333cc86347adc86b61dcf09e77b.jpg

Here is the left side of the tank:
img_823754_2_f6d67b614c956cdfaa15dcc5b6f6f250.jpg

Full tank:
img_823754_3_4fad11808e9fe1096f91c4c92b0b3929.jpg

I have some more plants coming soon. I will get pics once they come.

Awesome looking tank, plants and fish look amazing! Love the althernanthera behind the driftwood, nice red accent. Only gonna get better :)

Yeah, its glandulosa, i've have awsome luck with alternathera when i used to grow it, but i thought i'd try something different. I'm already getting a tiny tiny tiny bit of hair algea on the leaves of the glandulosa, i hope i can get it under wraps.

I picked up some narrow leaf java fern the other day and i have some more plants on the way in the mail. I will get pics up again soon.

Beautiful fish!

The 'scape is very nice as well. I especially like the touch of red behind the driftwood.

Nice work

Back
Top Bottom