12 gallon planted tank with 6 tetras & nerite snail... Opinion on adding my betta spl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Love2Live2Love

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
12 gallon planted tank with 6 tetras & nerite snail... Opinion on adding my betta spl

So I'm being gifted a 12 gallon planted aquarium with 6 tetras and a nerite snail. Do you think my betta would do well in here? He's currently in a 2.5 gallon filtered tank by himself. 00A0A_e6x6pzk1Hk7_1200x900.jpg

What kind of tetras? I have heard they can be sympatico but that really depends on the Betta. Mine is a wuss really so I am cycling a 16 to move him into with some rasboras.

Good looking tank. May want to plant it out a bit more so the fish can hide when necessary.

Betta's like shade and broad leaves towards the top of the aquarium. When I had a huge Amazon Sword in my 46 bowfront, my Betta spent most of his time laying on the top leaves about 4" from the top of the tank. Easy access to the surface to get air. I think your plants look good where they are!

What kind of tetras? I have heard they can be sympatico but that really depends on the Betta. Mine is a wuss really so I am cycling a 16 to move him into with some rasboras.

Good looking tank. May want to plant it out a bit more so the fish can hide when necessary.
Hi, sorry they're neon tetras! Well, the tank is arriving tomorrow & I'm moving Saturday, so I'm keeping Willard my betta in his tank until sometime this weekend. I'll just give it a go, maybe stick a thing or 2 from his tank in the new so he sees some familiar. Thanks for the advice!

Betta's like shade and broad leaves towards the top of the aquarium. When I had a huge Amazon Sword in my 46 bowfront, my Betta spent most of his time laying on the top leaves about 4" from the top of the tank. Easy access to the surface to get air. I think your plants look good where they are!
Thank you! I'm getting the tank tomorrow and moving Saturday so I'll get Willard situated in his new home later this weekend! Thanks and I'll let you know how he does.

Keep us updated. You'll find your Betta likes live plants more than you think. My Betta (partly because the angelfish) spends most of his time laying in the Crypts about midways up in my tank. He feels safe there but he will still poke his little head out to come see me when I walk into the room.

Keep us updated. You'll find your Betta likes live plants more than you think. My Betta (partly because the angelfish) spends most of his time laying in the Crypts about midways up in my tank. He feels safe there but he will still poke his little head out to come see me when I walk into the room.
Hi, thanks for your response! I'm super stoked and feel that Willard will really appreciate his new home ? I'll definitely keep you updated!

Hi all! The move got held up a few days so yesterday I went and bought ludwigia for the 12 gallon! It looks good, and from what I understand, will grow fast... So I'm stoked, plus the little color in the plants looks good ? tomorrow we should be moving, next day at most... And I'm so excited to be moving Willard into his new home!

Thank you! I'll upload pics once Willard the betta gets his upgrade into this paradise lol

Back
Top Bottom