125 gallon build log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Neilanh, got mine from Rick's in Frederick, he has some pretty decent stock that I watched over a few weeks, they are a slow mover for him. So far so good, they colored back up immediately, and are running around with blood red faces.

Are the Praecox adults from Robert, Neilanh? Noticing the white lips - mine did that too, and I'm having a lousy time with them. :(

Are the Praecox adults from Robert, Neilanh? Noticing the white lips - mine did that too, and I'm having a lousy time with them. :(

Yeah, what's with the white lips? Any ideas?

The adult praecox I got 2-3 months ago from Victor. Not sure if he got his from Robert or not. I do have 3 fry from Robert, compliments of your plants, that are doing well.

I thought ammonia burns at first, since mine were bagged for some time.

Now, not so sure. I know Robert doesn't use CO2, and I don't think Viktor does either.

I treated mine, in the big tank - boy was that fun! - all visible signs left, and then one by one, they'd start swimming top of the tank, 3-4 days later, dead. Few days goes by, another starts cruising the top. Almost all are dead now, replaced with local stock which are doing much better.... and I think a male died last night, and I can't find a body, grr.

I think I have a happy Sword Plant

IMG_2230.JPG

Somehow I missed this thread.....amazing tank, it is really coming together. The fish and the plants look fantastic! Every time I think I'll do a 75 for my next tank I see a 125 like this and start doubting my decision.....

Thanks newfound.

Unfortunately, at the moment it isn't looking so hot, but I'm working on it. I was very pleased with it for quite a while, but I got busy and lazy and let it get run down.

Yeah, that happens....my 55 is looking good at the moment but the 36, well, not so much.

Another question...where did you get your driftwood? I think you said it was manzanita? If it is, is it sandblasted or "natural"? I need some new wood for the 55 and I really like the look of yours.

Thanks, I had gotten another recommendation from them but their aquarium wood is sandblasted but they also sell the natural stuff which I like the look of better, but wanted to make sure it would be OK in a tank.

Yup, that's what I'm using.

It's got a very cool two-tone thing going, lighter on one side, darker on the other. Love the stuff.

they have burls as well if you're after those.

Thanks, I had gotten another recommendation from them but their aquarium wood is sandblasted but they also sell the natural stuff which I like the look of better, but wanted to make sure it would be OK in a tank.

You want sandlbasted, which is what Neilanh has - natural has bark on it, you don't want bark.

Back
Top Bottom