15 gallon aquarium lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I purchased the same light (however it is the 30" model for a 20G long) about 2 weeks ago and two types of moss (one appears to be flame, not sure on the other) are doing fine. Not pearling but growing.

About carpet plants, it should be okay for the low light types. I am getting a shipment tomorrow that includes four leaf clover, crypto parva, dwarf Sagitteria, and red and green crypto wendtii. Not sure which plant will flourish so I bought several different types.

You can look at the Aquatraders web site for an Odyssea T5 lights if you want a cheap fixture. Just know that most planted tanks with T5 lighting will require co2 to keep algae from becoming a problem unless it's a tall tank with lots of plants and liquid carbon is used (like Excell). Strong lighting can take special cate to manage.

I have this fixture that you might be interested to try for $35
It can extended to 24" with its stand

14" 12.96W 54x0.24w 970LM
img_2289430_0_30194636dd9c418bdbe1947ec5b55580.jpg

img_2289430_1_a8eb4f683e6b35cf4ca12d4a7061660f.jpg

The one on the right is 20" long with the fixture with stand it would be longer than the 24" and can max at about 30" and is $50

This is the fixture with the stand
img_2289430_2_084fed0cee3d51ee409bd3b1ba1594a6.jpg

Cheers

Thats what I was thinking coraline. Your suggestion of the Odyssea looks like what I might be getting.

I also might look into just getting some very high watt 6500k CFLs and put them into a hood. What do you guys think about that?

Loddy Dod said:
Thats what I was thinking coraline. Your suggestion of the Odyssea looks like what I might be getting.

I also might look into just getting some very high watt 6500k CFLs and put them into a hood. What do you guys think about that?

Those work very well. I used two 23 watt CFLs over my 20H (with co2) for years and grew masses of plants. They really work well. The best part is you can easily adjust the light level by using different watt bulbs. It's so versatile.

Back
Top Bottom