150g planted tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr.Pleco said:
I know. I finally got around to all the lfs in Tampa and the driftwood at all the places were small and expensive.

AquaBid.com - Driftwood Auctions

I've never bought anything off aquabid but I like to look around for stuff. The driftwood is poor. There isn't anything good on there now but before there were some higher priced pieces that weren't special. Most of the manzanita is more but it's all skinny.

I like to have a more flat part that is think and then go from there.

Yeah we have a uk version of that and there is nothing in that either I found one stunning peice at a lfs about 10miles away but they wanted 180 pound that's about 250 dollars !!!! I am not paying that when I could just go up and get my own only thing is I can't always get up there dye to family and work but Im going paintballing next weekend and we have to drive straight through so I will have a look on the way home

richpowell1989 said:
Yeah we have a uk version of that and there is nothing in that either I found one stunning peice at a lfs about 10miles away but they wanted 180 pound that's about 250 dollars !!!! I am not paying that when I could just go up and get my own only thing is I can't always get up there dye to family and work but Im going paintballing next weekend and we have to drive straight through so I will have a look on the way home

Just make a nice long stop and find yourself some driftwood

Very nice tank!!! :D Build seems to be going great for you! You deffinetly have some nice wood there Mr. Pleco.

Have you figured out what you would like to do about CO2?

Very nice tank!!! :D Build seems to be going great for you! You deffinetly have some nice wood there Mr. Pleco.

Have you figured out what you would like to do about CO2?

Thanks Andy! Pictures aren't as good as seeing it in person.
I like the thick wood, it looks much better. Hope I can find more like it.

I agree seeing it in person is a new experience. Hopefully find some nice thick wood that will fit in my tank, if not we'll make it fit.

I agree seeing it in person is a new experience. Hopefully find some nice thick wood that will fit in my tank, if not we'll make it fit.

As long as it's thick with some character it'll look nice. Maybe some crevices where you can put plants or fish can hide. I'm excited to see if the fish hide in the ones on mine.

Just got back from MarineWarehouse with one of the Deepblue t5 HO's. They only had one so I'll go back next week and get another. I get paid in 2 weeks so most likely that's when I'll look into co2 more.

I have one of those lights for my 20H and it seems to be working very well!

Your wood must have some nice tight spaces for your fish to fit in, hopefully they don't get to roughed up geting in and out.

Im sure this is a question we both are looking for but maybe you or someone else has some answers. But do you know if with high lighting on plants that require low light get affected in anyway? Would low lighting plants be killed or harmed with higher lighting than needed?

Went to MarineWarehouse and picked up more plants.
Got a potentially GREAT deal on swords.

I asked for 3 and Steve (works there-we're becoming close with him) said he'd make me a deal. he'd give me 5 for $30, and they are $11 for the large ones.
So I ended up with 6 because Steve likes to give us extra stuff and then one of the swords had 3 runners on it so a total of 9 Amazon Swords for $30.
The catch is...the bigger ones aren't the prettiest so hopefully they recover in 2 weeks when I get co2.

Also picked up 3 Hygrophila corymbosa...Steve gave me another plant that is similar but I'm not sure what it is yet.

Tank is starting to look nice.

img_1682778_0_e94853fc30dc642e14b5a189df50db17.jpg

img_1682778_1_5c636b24388e9c8244a0d158fb432c1b.jpg

img_1682778_2_95937126c80bf7d3f147439d0f18731d.jpg

anyone know what the plant is that's in front of the upright piece on the driftwood? I'm looking it up now.

Got better pics of that plant?

Also stuff a few root tabs around each Sword and they will really take off.

Craig

Craigthor said:
Got better pics of that plant?

Also stuff a few root tabs around each Sword and they will really take off.

Craig

Yeah, I'll take one when I get home from my exam.
Do root tabs work? My friend used tabs and didn't do much for him.
And I'm okay if they don't take off just yet...if they do they'll be growing out of my tank. Lol

I recommend rootmedic.net root tabs. Some of the best I have used and are made right here in the midwest.

Craig

Back
Top Bottom