15G Rimless Mountain Tree Scape Opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ive always wanted to do a full moss background. Or make some cool 3d structure out of mesh and cover it with fissidens

I want a tree for my saltwater tank. LOL :)

Looks awesome austin!!

haha that would be awesome! lol Thanks!

Did you put those little platforms on there? Those looks soooooo perfect for moss. I see more willow moss in there. I think a dhg carpet would look nice and some mountain stones supporting the base of the tree. I don't think you should have a background plant. Maybe just a moss wall, or a DIY rock background or just a black background

No, i bought it like that:D Yeah, i do to. Im 99% sure i will be going with willow moss. IMO a regular DHG carpet is too straight and uniform. For a grassy plain look, im pretty sure i will be going with DHG Belem because of its shorter, more curved out look. Then possibly some regular DHG behind the tree :D Im kind of staying away from adding anything to the wall's of the tank, inside and outside. The wall behind it is white, so ill just stick with that lol Hmm maybe some seiryu stones around the tree base, or on the opposite side of the tree?

Well you'll have to do a dry start for your glosso

I was actually thinking about doing a dry start, with either DHG belem or HC. Would willow moss survive a dry start? I dont think so? Not sure..

Austin.b said:

No, i bought it like that:D Yeah, i do to. Im 99% sure i will be going with willow moss. IMO a regular DHG carpet is too straight and uniform. For a grassy plain look, im pretty sure i will be going with DHG Belem because of its shorter, more curved out look. Then possibly some regular DHG behind the tree :D Im kind of staying away from adding anything to the wall's of the tank, inside and outside. The wall behind it is white, so ill just stick with that lol Hmm maybe some seiryu stones around the tree base, or on the opposite side of the tree?

I was actually thinking about doing a dry start, with either DHG belem or HC. Would willow moss survive a dry start? I dont think so? Not sure..

Can I post up websites where you can buy?
But no don't dry start moss gets brown
& you're going with willow?

this looks like an interesting build! not sure if I suck at reading or just missed or wasn't listed what your stocking plans were for this tank?

Austin.b said:

I like the white background too. Maybe just some regular hairgrass behind the wood. The seiryu stones would look great

Can I post up websites where you can buy?
But no don't dry start moss gets brown
& you're going with willow?

yeah! go ahead:D yeah, I thought so lol Yes, im going with willow moss for the tree.

this looks like an interesting build! not sure if I suck at reading or just missed or wasn't listed what your stocking plans were for this tank?

Thanks! No, I dont think I have any stocking ideas yet. I kind of want to stay away from Neons and cardinals, maybe ember tetras? For sure, amano shrimp. Any ideas? :)

What about threadfin rainbows? They're supposedly shrimp safe and do well in species only tanks that are 10 gallons or larger. I think they would look cool in a tank with that amazing of a centerpiece

I've got a few scape suggestions-
Around the base of the tree, have five to six small Seriyu stones in a crescent around the upper left corner.
Scoot the tree back so there are 3-4 inches between the tree and the back glass.
Then place Green Foxtail or Myrio directly behind the tree.
Place Ludwigia Repens or similar directly behind and to the right five inches.
Have a small carpet of gradually lower Micro Sword in front of the Ludwigia
Edit- I jut looked at the tree again.
Seriyu stones in the roots where they join the tree. Foxtail or Myrio growing out of the furthest back root set. Ludwigia repens or similar behind the Foxtail or Myrio and slightly left.
Gradually descending carpet of Micro Sword in the left corner and across the back of the tank,topping at the Ludwigia.

Hey! What happened to this build!?!? I was looking forward to seeing it!

Just found this thread. That tree is niiiiiiiiice. Lol how's it coming? Pics?

Sorry guy's, this build was never started. I just started Highschool, today was my second day actually. Since Im starting highschool, i figured it would be best to break down all 6 tanks of mine. Im actually thinking of starting this tank very soon, but it will be my only tank. I have to have at least one tank, since I really do love this hobby more than all of my other hobbies, and im hoping this is my only tank for now :(

Austin.b said:
Sorry guy's, this build was never started. I just started Highschool, today was my second day actually. Since Im starting highschool, i figured it would be best to break down all 6 tanks of mine. Im actually thinking of starting this tank very soon, but it will be my only tank. I have to have at least one tank, since I really do love this hobby more than all of my other hobbies, and im hoping this is my only tank for now :(

:( that stinks same goes for me but i start in a week. My parents gave me a rule of one tank at time, so now all ive got is a 60P coming in the mail :(

tropicalmackdaddy said:
:( that stinks same goes for me but i start in a week. My parents gave me a rule of one tank at time, so now all ive got is a 60P coming in the mail :(

Oh ok, that's pretty awesome! Good luck with it and don't forget to start a build when you get it! :D Actually, my dad didn't mind me having all the tanks, I just thought I should try and have more time to spend on school. I'm only going to stay in high school for 2 years total, so I'm REALLY trying to make them count!:)

Austin.b said:
Oh ok, that's pretty awesome! Good luck with it and don't forget to start a build when you get it! :D Actually, my dad didn't mind me having all the tanks, I just thought I should try and have more time to spend on school. I'm only going to stay in high school for 2 years total, so I'm REALLY trying to make them count!:)

Really? Hows that work? Id do anything to have to years less of school lol

Breaking down tanks because your starting school? Wow such wise decisions. I have less than a week to finish my apush summer assignment and i've barely started but I spend all my time fussing and researching for my tanks LOL.

Back
Top Bottom