15gal plant ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xigtc

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had this15 gal vertical tank awhile its been fun and a great learning experience. It has 4 Electric green Tetras, 1 Clown Pleco, & a Male Red Claw crab.

I have a gravel substrate with a self built structure using marble and slate rock. The only plant I have now is a Java fern.its grown about a 1/2 since I bought it. I'm wanting to add more plants for color and also some more stuff for the fish to hide and swim around. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image-951560793.jpg
    image-951560793.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 90
Yea I like the looks of Val. Plan to go look at the lfs tomorrow to see what's available.

I don't know how tall the tank is but deep tanks are harder to grow plants in due to the light being able to reach the bottom at a high enough intensity. Jungle val would be a possibility depending on the current light, which is? But you might be better off adding a thin branchy piece of DW and getting some Bolbitus (african fern) and tying it on to let it grow. It could give the tank a stunning look.

It's 24" tall. I have 50 white LEDs during the day that run 8-9 hrs and it catches very little direct sun. Night time I have 50 blue LEDs that run about 3.5 hrs before bed. It's lit pretty well with what I have and like I said the Java fern has done well and I've even started 2 smaller ferns off the main.

I bought a plant today at the store but I don't recall the name. It's wispy and tall, a perfect fit for the tank.

Attachments

• image-3175754592.jpg
    image-3175754592.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 76
The plant in the front appears to be water sprite. Not sure about the stem plant in the back.

The tall plant is Hornwart. I also added some DW, moss ball,& 2 smaller Java ferns. Looks considerably better and the fish and crab seem to like it all.

Back
Top Bottom