180 gallon Discus planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OBEYtheFISH said:
Thanks a lot I really appreciate it!
I love apistogrammas they're second only to Discus :D

I couldn't extremely agree more to that statement so true:) plus you gotta throw tetras in there too best companions for the two mentioned.

Discusapisto said:
I couldn't extremely agree more to that statement so true:) plus you gotta throw tetras in there too best companions for the two mentioned.

What do you know about scissortail tetra?

OBEYtheFISH said:
What do you know about scissortail tetra?

Do you have a scientific name to which you are referring I know plenty that go by that common name. Another reason common names are terrible too many fish named the same.

Yes they do my friend drives an Icthyologist like me crazy. I've never kept the species in question but I have seen them at a wholeseller before and they are beautiful fish with a peaceful temperament.

Discusapisto said:
Yes they do my friend drives an Icthyologist like me crazy. I've never kept the species in question but I have seen them at a wholeseller before and they are beautiful fish with a peaceful temperament.

You're an icthyologist??? That's amazing! I've been looking into that for school lol

OBEYtheFISH said:
You're an icthyologist??? That's amazing! I've been looking into that for school lol

Yes guilty as charged:) I wouldn't say it's amazing it was lots of hard work and sleepless nights of studying and no social life lol! But in all honesty it was worth it and looking back I'm crazy enough to do it all again. I've dedicated my whole life to our finned friends. I graduated from UNC they offer one of the top 5 programs in the states. But my heart always will be with discus and it's because of them. I truly believe I took the path I did just so I had an excuse to collect and study them and grasp their genetic make up and behaviors to benefit breeding and keeping them. Plus one for Symphysodon!

Discusapisto said:
Yes guilty as charged:) I wouldn't say it's amazing it was lots of hard work and sleepless nights of studying and no social life lol! But in all honesty it was worth it and looking back I'm crazy enough to do it all again. I've dedicated my whole life to our finned friends. I graduated from UNC they offer one of the top 5 programs in the states. But my heart always will be with discus and it's because of them. I truly believe I took the path I did just so I had an excuse to collect and study them and grasp their genetic make up and behaviors to benefit breeding and keeping them. Plus one for Symphysodon!

I still think its amazing!!
I look forward to starting school lol

Did some remodeling!
Not quite done just checking out how it looks

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120426_110101.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120426_110101.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 134
  • ForumRunner_20120426_110124.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120426_110124.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 144
OBEYtheFISH said:
Did some remodeling!
Not quite done just checking out how it looks

Wow that dw is aaaaaaamazing. Your fish must have so much fun with it. How is the discus-angel combination working out?

Almost done with the remodeling lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120429_132302.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120429_132302.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 90
  • ForumRunner_20120429_132427.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120429_132427.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 77
  • ForumRunner_20120429_132612.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120429_132612.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 90
  • ForumRunner_20120429_132639.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120429_132639.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 84
  • ForumRunner_20120429_132656.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120429_132656.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 93
The Discus from both of you are soooo beautiful. Been one of my most favorite since I was a child. I have lots of favorites, but the discus are stunning. My lfs favorite fish is the Discus and he has some the size of salad plates.

Never had them, and may never, but maybe, so just checking it out, so beautiful. Lovely pictures of the plants and tanks too!!!

Autumnsky said:
The Discus from both of you are soooo beautiful. Been one of my most favorite since I was a child. I have lots of favorites, but the discus are stunning. My lfs favorite fish is the Discus and he has some the size of salad plates.

Never had them, and may never, but maybe, so just checking it out, so beautiful. Lovely pictures of the plants and tanks too!!!

Thank you so much autumn:)

Autumnsky said:

Thank you so much autumn:)

So why did you decide to sell your discus? Didn't I see them for sale the other day?

I was going to sell my whole set up but I decided just to sell the Discus
Going to re do my whole set up & going with WC Discus
Decided just to sell my 100 gallon tank was going to start a reef tank but gonna put that off for now

Back
Top Bottom