1x54w t5ho enough for 55g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That would be the absolute minimum IMO. I honestly don't think swords will do very well. Java fern, anubias, moss, anacharis would be fine. Probably a couple others.

so i picked up a bag of ACTIVE FLORA and FLORA MAX today, might get another bag or two and some natural gravel to start a new project...currently equiped with a hagen glo 2x24w with life glo bulbs. what can i grow with that? what would i need to get to grow more light demanding plants, when do i need to get co2? my tank is 24x18x24h=41gallons, dont wanna get a 4 lamp it5, maybe a cf would be better for my lighting?

Start with the light you have and get some plants and start growing them. Don't make too many changes. After several months of growing plants, then decide whether you should add more or not. Start with any plants from the fish store that are meant for low light. Experiment with them, observe their growth and do more research. As you progress, try some other plants and see how they do. You can grow highlight plants with low light, they just won't look the same and will take forever to grow.

just an update the plants are growing, one i had yellowing and darkening is growing new leaves from a coupl new nodes, and man can it grow that algae, fast, it covers everything!

Back
Top Bottom