2.5 Planted Please Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No the whole rhizone is rotted and there are only roots. Should i just toss the whole thing?

Yep if the rhizome is rotted it's dead so just trash it. But down the road as your other ones grow you can always cut a rhizome in half with roots and leaves on both sides of the cut and you'll have two plants. Thats how you can propagate anubia's.

Never adressed the algae issue. I noticed you run your lights for 10 hours correct? You only need to be running them 6-8 hours max daily. This alone will help algae. Also I couldn't actually see any algae in the tank what type is in there? Is it brown or green? Brown algae/Diatoms are very common in new set ups. They are caused by excess silicates in the water and will go away in time. They are unsightly but if needed you can always add a Nerite snail to the tank as they love those diatoms plus you have some anyway. One other thing since you don't have you DW in the tank yet are the anubias planted in the substrate with only their roots planted, not the rhizome? If you plant the rhizome in the substrate it will rot and die.

Ok i will lower my light tim to 7 hrs. There is brown algae in the tank and i did throw in 1 nerite. The anubias is actually tied to a rock and not planted in the substrate. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom