2 different kinds of pennywort? float it or plant it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the-chad

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ive had some pennywort for a few months now. It has a thin green stem and I had it planted in the substrate.
A couple days ago I received a shipmeny of assorted plants I bought from aquabid. The pennywort I received within this shipment is considerably different. Although the leaves are pretty much the same, the "stems" are thick and white looking more like a root....I'm assuming its a different strain of pennywort .... can /should I try planting this new pennywort or leave it floating? I dont have pics at the moment but ill be home late tonight and ill try to post pics then.

Ive had some pennywort for a few months now. It has a thin green stem and I had it planted in the substrate.
A couple days ago I received a shipmeny of assorted plants I bought from aquabid. The pennywort I received within this shipment is considerably different. Although the leaves are pretty much the same, the "stems" are thick and white looking more like a root....I'm assuming its a different strain of pennywort .... can /should I try planting this new pennywort or leave it floating? I dont have pics at the moment but ill be home late tonight and ill try to post pics then.

I bought some hornwort at the LFS and had it floating at the top of my tank, but little pieces kept falling down into my other plants so I took it out.

Pennywort

Hello the c...

I float Pennywort. The stems seem to grow better if the entire plant is exposed to the light. It does pretty well in most lighting. I change out quite a bit of water to maintain the water chemistry and dose a little liquid once a week when I change out the water. Most of the fertilizer is the stuff the fish produce.

B

Back
Top Bottom