Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-06-2018, 07:06 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

2 Week Vacation

Hey! My friend is going on a 2 week long vacation and I unfortunately canít watch the fish. Itís a betta and itís in a 3-6 gallon tank I believe. Would it be fine to just leave the fish for two weeks? Itís pretty much impossible for her to find somebody to watch it because sheís new to town! Thank you!

Old 06-06-2018, 10:07 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lol! It's just a little tank have her bring it over. And you can fishset for her. A "friend" needs help. You can not leave any fish for 2wk without food.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:31 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

I would see if she can get someone to feed it maybe once or twice. Bettaís are fine with periods of fasting but 2 weeks might be a bit long
Old 07-02-2018, 07:39 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I’ve left my fish for two weeks before several times without anyone feeding them and all were always fine when I got back. BUT only in a long established and very understocked 30g tank. I think there must have been enough little critters in the tank for them to munch on. I doubt a betta in a small tank would have much in terms of planarian or detritus worms or whatever to tide him over for that long.

There are battery powered fish feeders on the market. They’re not super reliable but probably better then nothing. I wouldn’t recommend them unless you can set it up a ways in advance and monitor to make sure only tiny amounts of food are being added at a time. A feeder malfunction could easily crash a tank that small.

Really for such a small tank if she can’t have someone come look in on it for her it makes the most sense for her to simply take it to someone who can watch it.

Tags
vacation

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com