20 -> 29 upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neilanh

Sliced Bread
So I happened upon a great deal on a 29 gallon tank, stand, and 2x65W light from devilishturtles. I decided to move my 20H into this one and use the 20H for another project in the upcoming months. I finally got around to the move tonight. Took about 3 hours to do the move. Don't mind the crappy camera.

Before (20H taken two weeks ago - big sword had to go last week, was getting way too big.)
DSC03302small.JPG

Now:
DSC03345small.JPG

looks awesome! although I think you should maybe switch the ludwigia and cypt (I belive thats what they are?) in the back left, around. but the ludwigia in the corner and the cypt next to it. also is that a wendtii in the middle? thats one big wendtii lol
also I like the rock scape! I think just one mid sized piece of drift/bog wood and the plants filling in would make it 100% complete, but that is just my .02 :D
think it looks awesome as it is :!: :p

Thanks everyone. Tomorrow is the club plant auction, so maybe I'll be getting some new stuff for it.

Blazey - I'm actually not sure what kind of crypt that is in the middle. lol - I got it from Sparky, I'll ask him. I agree - needs some wood, I just haven't found anything I like well enough yet.

I took the pic actually with the room lights on, but the lights down in the basement aren't very bright at all, so they don't really count. Yes, no flash was used, and my camera is horrible so I don't really get what I would consider good pictures.

I love your little arch. I am looking for something like that. Could I ask what your substrate is? The 20H looked lush and I am sure that this tank will grow in as well. I can't wait to see more pics later. :)

Thanks. The "Arch" is actually 2 seperate rocks that I placed like that. I had it in the 20, and really enjoyed it, so I did the same in this tank as well.

My substrate is eco-complete. I had 2 bags in the 20, and I added a 3rd bag when I moved over to the 29. Gives me a good, deep bed to plant into.

Both the 20h and this 29 were used, so I suspect the silicates won't be an issue feeding the diatoms. I did have them some in the 20H, I think was probably from the new equipment, but we'll see.

The sword made it's way into my 46bow community tank as an experiment. That tank is not planted, standard gravel, and only 0.5wpg, so I didn't really expect too much, but wanted to see since it was completely shadowing my tank at the time and had to go anyway. It lasted a few days in the 46, but was basically wasting away, and it looks like something was eating on it, as there were bunches of holes in the leaves.

Considering I only had that sword for about 6 weeks before it outgrew the tank, I managed to get 6 babies off of it. 4 of which I sold here on AA, and 2 of which are in the 29 now (I didn't put them in the pic) and are going to the GWAPA auction tomorrow.

Thanks for the ID, and the confirmation from the man himself!

I agree, I don't know what it is, but this 29 just looks huge compared to the 20H. It's awesome, and you can't beat the deal DT gave me either.

GWAPA auction today, picked up some new plants. Time to change the layout around me thinks.

Back
Top Bottom