20 gallon light upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquarium 308

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have a 20 gallon tall tank. I have the standard hood with a 18" 15watt t5 bulb. It has kept a amazon sword, moneywort and java fern alive. They are slowing growing. I use leaf zone once a week as directed and api carbon boost daily with 8-10 hrs of light. I think by upgrading my light I could improve my plants and I want to try and carpet something too. I have been using api root tabs as well. The width of the tank is 24". I was thinking about doing a glass top with a light upgrade. Im not dead set on led or t5 just want something to help my plants. Im limited to $100. Forgot to add that my substrate is Flora Max. Any suggestions out there to fit my needs.
Thanks

Finnex planted plus would be a good fit if you're already use to liquid carbon..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

1+ on the Planted+. Sleek profile fixture.
Look for Metricide 14 on Amazon as an economical replacement for the API CO2 Booster.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I got my finnex 24" planted plus today. Awesome. So much more light than my 15w florescent bulb. Hopefully my plants take off

Back
Top Bottom