20 Gallon Shrimp Tank W/ 24/7 Finnex Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually really liked it in my bedroom. Was nice to wake up to a dull light instead of burning your eyes when turning the main lights on haha. That's why I'm bummed I can't use it in its truest form currently

I actually really liked it in my bedroom. Was nice to wake up to a dull light instead of burning your eyes when turning the main lights on haha. That's why I'm bummed I can't use it in its truest form currently

Edited post wrong thread

Haha no problem! Quick question, could I put my small albino pleco in there for a couple of days to take care of the algae problem? Or should I not do that because of the shrimp?

Haha no problem! Quick question, could I put my small albino pleco in there for a couple of days to take care of the algae problem? Or should I not do that because of the shrimp?

I wouldn't add him. Your better off finding the cause of the algae and killing it naturally. Manually remove as much as u can with a toothbrush/water change and adjust what caused it to begin with [emoji106]

Agree with Bert2oo1. But in the mean time while you figure out what the cause is you can get excel which may help some with the algae. But ultimately find out what is causing it. Too much light? Not enough nutrients for the plants? Etc

Agree with Bert2oo1. But in the mean time while you figure out what the cause is you can get excel which may help some with the algae. But ultimately find out what is causing it. Too much light? Not enough nutrients for the plants? Etc

Great advice here! +1 this [emoji1]

Back
Top Bottom