20 gallon tall trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shrimpandram

Aquarium Advice Activist
IMG_1479264973.181012.jpgIMG_1479264982.231330.jpg

Materials
-Finnex led
-Miracle gro
-Osmocote

I am very excited to make this project!

Subscribe to this post for more follow ups!
Taking recommendations from everybody!

A 20 tall is quite a tricky tank especially light wise, mine has taught me quite a bit haha.

Im excited to see the progress

What will you be capping the soil with?
What are your plans for plants and fish?

I will be covering the soil with pool sand and I was thinking for carpeting the ground and put java ferns on the back. Not sure about the fish tho.

I do wanna stock the tank but I am not sure which fish will ft best in 20 tall. Thinking of getting cpd and some bottom feeder.

I wanna hear about what happened to your 20tall lol.
Oh i still got it up and running.

I did a half and half sand and Florite substrates as an experimental set up for the last 3 months or so.

Its just a tricky tank because its deep (lighting issue) and has a small foot print for its volume (space issue)

Oh i still got it up and running.

I did a half and half sand and Florite substrates as an experimental set up for the last 3 months or so.

Its just a tricky tank because its deep (lighting issue) and has a small foot print for its volume (space issue)

This is actually my 2nd 20 tall tank. I had to renew my tank because it contained too much algae (it had direct sunlight). I thought it would ok but then I misunderstood. Do you have any picture of your tank? I would like to see them :)

Betta, Rasbora, Oto, Amano, RCS, TD and Nerile snails

Attachments

• 1479285437293.jpg
    1479285437293.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 48
I do love your setup but is that HC or dwarf baby tears on the bottom left of the dw? If it is I don't think it will survive long.
Its db tears its grown a bit bushy but staying tight.

That was one of my first issues with the 20 tall was lighting at that depth haha

Get some rock in there too ;) that's a nice piece of dw u have there!

Are u going a high tech setup?

I'd also throw some root tabs around under the sand :)

Back
Top Bottom