20 gallon with future plants.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dotswithchemicals

Aquarium Advice Activist
Once my 20 gallon (high) has sand put into it, I think I'll be getting some plants to go with it. I was just wondering on people's opinions of some easy plants that can usually be found in a local petstore and create a pretty landscape that looks like what fish would in out in the wild. I hear Flame Moss is good and its quite pretty.

I don't have a plant light yet, but plan to buy one with a Petco giftcard. I don't know which light I should get, so I'm wondering what is best that'll grow most plants and has good quality that wont go out too quickly.

Lastly, what kind of fish would go nicely with it? I'm thinking some uncommon fish with a small school of Neon tetras.. but not sure. I'm looking for colorful fish that aren't too expensive at most places.. any suggestions would be greatful. :oops:

That depends on what you want out of the tank and how much ($$) you're willing to put into it. A T5NO would be a nice fixture for the tank, or T5HO if you're wanting a more high light setup (or willing to reduce the light somehow). I like wisteria and crypts for low-medium light tanks, and dwarf sag is a nice plant as well.

As far as uncommon fish.... hmmm... There are some nice dwarf cichlids you might think about beyond the normal ram species... Apistogramma Cacatuoides, agassizi, and borellii are all uncommon and beautiful fish.

I've loved water sprite. It grows quickly without taking over the tank. I've done much better with it than I have with wisteria or anuba.

I have an Aqueon 8,000k Full Spectrum Daylight and I bough a Floral Sun max Plant Growth with 5000k intensity... did I waste my money or is it better because its mainly for plants? Both 15 watts and T8.

Back
Top Bottom