20 Long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reign

Aquarium Advice Activist
So, I decided I want to share some stuff with people who have similar interests because Ive bored my friends to death on the subject lol.

Ive had this tank for approx 9 months? Ive put a lot of time into it and have been rewarded because of it.

A little about the tank.
20 Gallon long
Finnex 30" planted+ 14 inches from the substrate
Fluval C2 HOB filter
Photoperiod Is 9.5 hours with a 1 hour siesta period
I dose excel and KN03 daily and KH2PO4 3 times a week
1 Oto
2 boraras maculatus
5 amano shrimp
20+ neocaridina shrimp
50+ Malaysian trumpet snails

I use this mostly as a my holder tank. I have a bunch of plants in there for some new scapes Ill be doing. The list is almost to long to type.. I'm sure youll figure it out, or ask if you arent sure :)

Im here to help, if you have any questions on certain plants feel free to ask.

Attachments

• IMAG0354.jpg
    IMAG0354.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 150
  • IMAG0356.jpg
    IMAG0356.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 144
  • IMAG0357.jpg
    IMAG0357.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 137
  • IMAG0358.jpg
    IMAG0358.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 133
Looks great and very healthy. I know what you mean about your friends not understanding or not caring in this rewarding hobby. Also, nice coloration from the blyxa!

Looks great and very healthy. I know what you mean about your friends not understanding or not caring in this rewarding hobby. Also, nice coloration from the blyxa!

I get alot of the same from people around me as well...

sit in silence

Thanks Brian! It looked nearly dead when I received it.. This was about a month difference.

Haha guys, Im glad its not just me.. "sit in silence" totally explains it.

Attachments

• IMAG0193.jpg
    IMAG0193.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 119
  • IMAG0363.jpg
    IMAG0363.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMAG0365.jpg
    IMAG0365.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 122
Blyxa by far is my favorite plant. It has a beautiful color and texture, grows at a perfect speed, and its easy. If it wasnt a true aquatic plant, I would grow it all over my house..
The only problems Ive been having is with the Hair grass (Eleocharis parvula). I cant seem to get it to stop yellowing at the tips. It hasnt sent many runners either. Ive had it about 2 months now..

My friends wonder why I have more than 1 tank(5 tot.)...I've had tanks since I was in middle school & have always gotten enjoyment from keeping them...
The blyxa looks sweet,great coloration!

sit in silence

The AR mini looks great in there. So do the low, compact crypts. No one noticed the giant moss mound? Very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

+++++1

Thank you for your nice words gentlemen!

Really looking forward to my new scape and all the challenges Ill face.

I ended up buying one of the 2ft 2 tube T5HO envirogrow fixtures, but I feel like it wont be enough par to the substrate.. I have the 30" Finnex Planted+ and its near blinding..

Attachments

• IMAG0353.jpg
    IMAG0353.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMAG0371.jpg
    IMAG0371.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 103
The intake & return are from what typye of filter?

sit in silence

Theyre an EHEIM product sold separately. I got it because you can aim the spray bar different ways since it attaches together. I have 2 attachments on and it comes with 3. Google Eheim installation set 1&2. :)

Theyre an EHEIM product sold separately. I got it because you can aim the spray bar different ways since it attaches together. I have 2 attachments on and it comes with 3. Google Eheim installation set 1&2. :)

Thx reign!

sit in silence

That macandra is epic! Is this in the right thread though...

Yeah it's cool here...I try to show a Pic or 2 along the way...not really a build thread just to show off...

sit in silence...

This is the updated tank. Lots of new plants and no more room.. I put some espes rasboras, boraras brigittae, and some celestial pearl danios in. Added lots of color!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1448049671921.jpg
    1448049671921.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 99
Back
Top Bottom