20g high planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkorolev

Aquarium Advice Newbie
20G High,
eheim ecco 2234 (rated for 60 gallons), spray-bar return, with the eheim bio balls and zeo-carb.
100w heater I can't remember the brand of...
4xt5 2 sunlight and 2 pink plant bulbs. currently on 9:30 am - 9:30 pm..which given the algae is a little much, so i'll be cutting it down to probably 2pm-10pm.
It has moonlight, however it's not been connected for a while...

I'm considering setting up a co2 system, as well

lifestock:
1 albino tiger barb (there were 3 originally, this is the only one that's left after 3 years)
7 neon tetras
1 cory cat
2 red wag platties, born in that tank about 2 years ago..unfortunately their parents are no longer with us.
1 kuhli loach I never really see except on special occasions.

The scape is fairly new..it had plastic plants in it for a really long time, but I finally had enough, so about a month ago I switched to real.

I'd like to get some actual rocks in there..the pebble/rock things in there now were to hold the driftwood down, as it was still floating. I'd also like to add a bit more substrate as some of the roots are not as deep as they could/should be (and you can see the potting mix in some of them)
and yes, it needs to be topped off and scrubbed..unfortunately there is another tank on the right hand side of it, so using the mag float is not possible on that wall and my hand-held scrubber is out of commission..so I'll probably pick a new one this weekend at the LFS together with some more plants.

any comments/suggestions welcome.

now on to the pictures...

Attachments

• P6150256.jpg
    P6150256.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 225
  • P6150280.jpg
    P6150280.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 214
  • P6150281.jpg
    P6150281.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 209
  • P6150282.jpg
    P6150282.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 211
Really nice, you made a very good decision changing to live plants. Your tank looks great.

Your tank is gorgeous! It looks lovely with you Neons and other fish. My only negative comment is that when i read your post, i thought " this person overstockd their tank!" but your fish are clearly happy, so i bet you have nothing to worry about. Lovely tank!:)

it's a work in progress. I'd like the plants to fill n a bit more..and obviously for the algae to go away, but it's looking nicer every day.

Amazing some more albinos would be better for the barb they are schooling fish but the tank looks great!

Amazing some more albinos would be better for the barb they are schooling fish but the tank looks great!

Thank you, there were more...but he turned out to be a bully and chased all of them around till one by one it was too much stress for them.

It's funny cause now the cory is "schooling" with him....or just trying to hit on him, whichever :)

Back
Top Bottom