20g long lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhsoto94

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm going to be doing a 20 long dirted shrimp tank and was going to go with a finnex but wasn't sure which finnex would put me at medium light. I was going to go with the fugeray2 but saw the planted plus and was wondering what the difference was? I will be doing dry ferts and metricide.

I believe in terms of PAR, from highest to lowest it's:
Ray2
Planted+
FugeRay
From what I've read on this forum, the lack of reds in the Ray2 may leave a washed out appearance in the tank and and non-green plants. The Planted+ is the most recent of the 3 and has the desired red LEDs. I think all would qualify as medium in a 20g long with the Ray2 probably more like medium high. Hopefully Brian_Nano12g chimes in with his vast LED insight.
I only have experience with the Fugeray. Here is my 20g long planted tank (PPS-Pro, DIY CO2, Glut):
A2BbNha.jpg

I would be on the more conservative side with glutaraldehyde/Metricide in a shrimp tank. I have a low light shrimp tank with dual T5 NO with no ferts or glut. It has moss and crypts only.

i am going to move my 10g up to a 20g long here soon and i have looked at them. i am probably going to just go with cfl in clamp lamps though because of price unless i can spoil myself.

the planted+ has the red leds that are supposed to be better for photosynthesis. the original one doesn't. both have the moon lights. planted+ is supposed to also give a bit warmer tone to the tank.

I believe in terms of PAR, from highest to lowest it's:
Ray2
Planted+
FugeRay
From what I've read on this forum, the lack of reds in the Ray2 may leave a washed out appearance in the tank and and non-green plants. The Planted+ is the most recent of the 3 and has the desired red LEDs. I think all would qualify as medium in a 20g long with the Ray2 probably more like medium high. Hopefully Brian_Nano12g chimes in with his vast LED insight.
I only have experience with the Fugeray. Here is my 20g long planted tank (PPS-Pro, DIY CO2, Glut):
A2BbNha.jpg

I would be on the more conservative side with glutaraldehyde/Metricide in a shrimp tank. I have a low light shrimp tank with dual T5 NO with no ferts or glut. It has moss and crypts only.

So the planted is the way to go you think? Your tanks looks awesome by the way.

So the planted is the way to go you think? Your tanks looks awesome by the way.

Thanks! Many trial and errors to get this tank to this point.
After running the FugeRay on a shallower tank and knowing its strengths and limitations, I would go with the planted+.

Back
Top Bottom