20g Long Planted Shrimp Tank Substrate Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trail_Mix

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I'm setting up a 20g long heavily planted shrimp tank, and I was wondering what type of substrate(s) I should use. Thanks!

What look do you like best? There are lighter colored substrates like PFS, darker colored substrates like eco complete and floramax, red like flourite, soil like ada aquasoil or even potting mixes and mineralized top soils. It's really about what you want.

I'd like to have a black substrate ideally. I was told SeaChem Flourite Black Sand would be an ideal choice by someone else, is that true?

You can do that, or floramax, eco complete, or any other black planted substrate. I really like floramax, but it's all personal preference... I have a mix of flourite and floramax in my 40 and like it very much.

What are the differences? Why would you choose one over another? Thanks again for all the info!

After reading some reviews online I think I'll go with the Eco Complete, thanks for the advice!

I'm planning to do something similar soon so upload some pictures when you are up and running, best of luck. :D

Back
Top Bottom