Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-08-2015, 10:29 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

20g Planted Advice Needed

So this is my first planted tank. Just started co2 injection about a week ago. Took my first kh and gh readings and not sure what to make of it so looking for a little advice.

Kh=107.4ppm
Gh=off the chart. Took 15 drops to change color. More than is recorded on the chart that came with API kit which maxes at 214.8ppm.
Ph=7.8

I use tap dechlored with Prime and sat out for 24-48 hours. Fish all seem to be doing fine but I don't have a co2 testing method yet. Currently running little over 1 bps to start.

I'm using a cannister, just put on last week and contains carbon (switching out for purigen this week), ceramic and bio balls, along with the coarse and fine pads. Old filter is running concurrently for next few days.

Should I be concerned over such high gh? Mollies, cory cats, neons, guppies and a mystery snail are the tank inhabitants.

Appreciate any advice given.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Tags
advice, plant, planted

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com