20g planted cube build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I really like the idea of building my own light but sadly I'll probably cock it up. I'm not much of an electrician.lol

Hi there bought a plant and some blue gouramis today but I think I may have got two males. They seem fine ATM so I'll see how it goes. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• image-2370073830.jpg
    image-2370073830.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 77
  • image-622518273.jpg
    image-622518273.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 88
If your tank is 20' wide, then a 20 inch fixture is what you'll need. Aquatic life is a pretty well known brand. As far the gouramis go, I hope they work out for you! Did you get neons or cardinals? Love the picture of them schooling..very pretty!

Yes my tank is 20" wide but my only concern is that the fixture is very thin its only about 4" across and won't cover all of the tank. It's hard to explain.

If you're concerned, those fixtures are linkable. You could get another and sit it right next to it.

what was the original background made of , sponge ? i thiught it was very cool looking. what was wrong with it. i would love to have a shallow 3D background. how do u make one like that? p.s. you should upgrade your lights to at least 6500k-10,000k t-5s, power compact fluorescents, around 50-65watts might be okay. you will need at least 3watts per gallon (no co2)with the amazons and baby tears, and such.more watts than that and you will need co2. nice tank and stand and canopy looks really good, white.

Yes my tank is 20" wide but my only concern is that the fixture is very thin its only about 4" across and won't cover all of the tank. It's hard to explain.

Yep. The fixture has frame mounts that elevate it above the tank a few inches allowing for the light to cover the width of the tank. It may be a stretch with your extra width, so you'll have to experiment. If one fixture leaves the front of the tank with a lot less light, you can either keep the light over the most heavily planted part of the tank or do as Jen mentioned and purchase two lights for full coverage.

doogle said:
what was the original background made of , sponge ? i thiught it was very cool looking. what was wrong with it. i would love to have a shallow 3D background. how do u make one like that? p.s. you should upgrade your lights to at least 6500k-10,000k t-5s, power compact fluorescents, around 50-65watts might be okay. you will need at least 3watts per gallon (no co2)with the amazons and baby tears, and such.more watts than that and you will need co2. nice tank and stand and canopy looks really good, white.

Thanks for the compliment .Yes the background was made of sponge. I just wasn't happy with it I didn't want it to get clogged up with algae and whatnot and look a total mess, so I took it out. I bought it on eBay can't remember how much for tho.

Ok that's annoying I've come home from work today and I have this brown algea on the glass and leaves and it looks horrible. How do I get rid?

Back
Top Bottom