20L Iwagumi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crepe

Aquarium Advice Addict
Turns out I had a free weekend this time so I went ahead and :

dsc01816l.jpg

Made that. Now I just sit back for a month or two and let everybody grow!

Very nice. It will look great when you foreground fills in. What are you doing for this tank? CO2? Ferts? Lighting?

Ferts: PPS (supplemented with Osmocote tablets, seachem iron, boron(once a pwc))
Lighting: 2x24w T5HO suspended ~16" from the substrate
Substrate: Fluval's new Stratum (just wanted to test it out)
Flora: Glosso, GHG, DHG (montevidensis and acicularis respectively)
CO2: Right now it's just Excel. I want to use it up before I start using my pressurized set up.
Fauna: Some RCS and some neons and obligatory otos and hitchiker snails. I plan on either getting 10 more neons or trading them out for 12 black neons.
Filter: Fluval 305....I have in total ~ 380gph flow on this 20 gal lol.

I ended up with a crud ton of extra glosso and a sprig of GHG left lol, so if no one melts I can give it up for free if you just pay for the shipping....I'm going to keep them floating in case my substrate (which is pretty acidic) decides to murder my plants in their sleep.

...True to my medically diagnosed ADD I've decided to turn this tank from iwagumi to just plain throw some stems in there and go wild(basically removing the rocks)...My room needs more color in it..

That's cool too. I like the jungle look ;)

Take some photos when you get a chance...

Oh my word, that tank looks awesome. Good job crepe. Are glossos low-med light plant? If it is and you want to give the glosso away plus shipping, will you please let me know first? I am very interested. Thank you so much.

Your tank is awesome dude. I love the way that long grass looking plant sways in one direction. So nice. It's tanks like these that definitely make me want to do a FW planted.

Thanks. The tank is about to get a small make over. My DHG which I've been cultivating for nearly a year is NOT liking this new tank....the stuff is just wilting and browning to mush. I've gone on TPT and got me some blyxa among other things to replace it.

Just to keep you guys titillated, I finally got around to properly planting my glosso using some 11" tweezers.
Each little cluster of leaves is one plantlet...there are about 100 or so of them lol. And also to answer the above question: Glosso will live in medium light but it will not grow into the tight compact form that it is popular for. It will grow upwards like a stem and if nutrient levels are not optimal, will wither away in low-medium light. Anyways, if you want some I'll definitely have too much to handle around the beginning of April.

dsc01831c.jpg

Just to keep you guys titillated, I finally got around to properly planting my glosso using some 11" tweezers.
Each little cluster of leaves is one plantlet...there are about 100 or so of them lol. And also to answer the above question: Glosso will live in medium light but it will not grow into the tight compact form that it is popular for. It will grow upwards like a stem and if nutrient levels are not optimal, will wither away in low-medium light. Anyways, if you want some I'll definitely have too much to handle around the beginning of April.

Yes, please. I do want some. Please don't forget me. I will pay the shipping. I will PM you in a bit for my info. Thanks.

And in my 10G, I have 2 x 20W CFL 6500K T3 lighting. Is that low or medium lighting?

Should be about middle lighting. If you set up some DiY co2 you will probably be able to keep this plant quite well. I think it will probably carpet under those conditions.

okay...good to know...:) I am thinking about the DIY CO2..been reading a lot about it lately. I am still cycling it right now though so maybe later when it is all settled. :)

*explodes*

I wish I could live in that tank. It's gorgeous. I love iwagumi...this one has a lot of movement. I love it. Jealous.

Must have been local? Or is that where it is coming from?

Love that stuff! Maybe if the Erio doesn't work out I will stick a couple of those in.

Must have been local? Or is that where it is coming from?

Love that stuff! Maybe if the Erio doesn't work out I will stick a couple of those in.

Got it at TPT. 30 bucks. Shipped overnight. Gave me a bunch other stems I'm going to put in my upcoming emmersed setup in preparation for my experiments in tissue culturing.

Thanks for the input everyone. No more touching this thing for a month now....I promise lol.

Ah. My lovely blyxa is finally coloring up (not really finally, it's been two days lol) but anyways. It's getting to the orangy yellow I so dearly missed when my last blyxa lawn melted from neglect.
dsc01835lt.jpg

Thanks. When I fix the kinks in my pressurized CO2 system. (waiting on a new 1500psi needle valve) I'm going to attempt to turn it blood red.

Back
Top Bottom