23G Rimless Community Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a quick pic of where this build went. New tread pending unless I can forward a link to my journal on TPT or SCAPE... I don't want to keep 3 journals up to date!

Attachments

• 1389870760776.jpg
    1389870760776.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
That's pretty cool. Like how it came out. I'm thinking of getting my Mom a Paludarium for her bday. I might have to take a closer look into what species of plants you got going on there in my planning phase...

Anyways, problem with scape.org is that you can only view a few pages without being a signed-up member before it locks you out. Whereas, TPT and AA you don't.

Thanks for the compliments Brian. I'd be happy to help you with plants and plans, or hit up Hydrophite (Devin @ ripariumsupply.com) on TPT or SCAPE.

I'll update the link to my build on TPT but anyone interested in plants should consider joining SCAPE!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the warning, Bill. I'll take my chances 8)

Thanks for the compliments Brian. I'd be happy to help you with plants and plans, or hit up Hydrophite (Devin @ ripariumsupply.com) on TPT or SCAPE.

I'll update the link to my build on TPT but anyone interested in plants should consider joining SCAPE!

Thanks... I'll let you know if and when I get to that point. I'm still on the fence about a paludarium.

So, it sounds like you've became more SCAPE involved/invested... I predict you will eventually fill Zenzu's old office? ;)

Thanks... I'll let you know if and when I get to that point. I'm still on the fence about a paludarium.

The riparium is easier, no special tank required ;)

So, it sounds like you've became more SCAPE involved/invested...

I dig the community there. Going to meetings and getting to know members on a first-name and face to face basis is a nice; it's the biggest difference between a forum and a club. I naturally don't mind being involved and giving back to the community in any way I can.

You should come to the meeting this weekend, I'm doing a demo on a DIY temperature controller build :D

That is a beautiful tank!

You could try some Dwarf Anthurium plants. They love living in water and with great light they bloom non stop! Several colors to select from or get several!

Thanks Carol :) nice to see you're a mod now

Here are a few quick pics of my overgrown riparium as of this morning… need to trim those P caderi!

20140905_072503.jpg

20140905_072522.jpg

Thanks Carol :) nice to see you're a mod now

Here are a few quick pics of my overgrown riparium as of this morning… need to trim those P caderi!

20140905_072503.jpg

20140905_072522.jpg

Thank you. It doesn't need any trimming, it is just right ;) Really beautiful. I've always thought of doing something like that. BBradbury keeps touting how he never has to do much for his water care because his plants do ALL the work (almost), so I am inspired even more now lol!

Thank you. It doesn't need any trimming, it is just right ;) Really beautiful. I've always thought of doing something like that. BBradbury keeps touting how he never has to do much for his water care because his plants do ALL the work (almost), so I am inspired even more now lol!

Pretty low maintenance other than trimming (mostly roots) and removing dead leaves that fall in. I do monthly water changes, if I remember, but I do top off weekly and and fertilize every few weeks.

Truthfully, the amano shrimp and nerite snails do a great job keeping the deterius in check, and the bio load from the fish is minimal - it's almost on set-it-and-forget-it mode.

Back
Top Bottom