23L Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking something like that. Thanks for the tip =)

Nope it's deffo not hair algae! When I get that, the next day it has gone due to my good ole shrimp eating it =D

Though I found a dead RCS today. Was like NOOOOO! Turns out it was the exoskeleton that was positioned in a certain way =)

Below is a picture of the algae on the HC leaf. There are only a handfull of leaves covered but still. Sorry I couldn't really zoom in =(

Attachments

• SS101562.jpg
    SS101562.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 66
(Just a quick random bit of info)

I'm starting to get known at college as the "fish guy". But not in a bad way haha! People are asking me advice etc >.< Also today someone offered me a 20g or 25g (can't remember) tank for free because they didn't want it anymore! EPIC WIN!

The algae doesn't look too bad.

Haha fish man:). I was talking to my friend today at school about aquarium heaters, let me tell you one thing we got some odd looks;) but oh it was fun!

Get the 20G!!!!!!!!

I suppose I just don't want it to spread onto all my leaves.

I know right! Should have seen me today. I picked up the Eheim Pro II from my Physics lecturer in the morning. So was walking round with the canister filter in one hand, my rucksack on my back and the other hand full of filter media! I was sweating by the end of the day haha!

He hasn't text be back about the 20g get. Said he would tonight after he had measured it up. (No response yet)

MAJOR EDIT!!

Its a 44G tank!! Eek I don't think I have room for that =/ Seems the deal of a lifetime as it is FREE ='(

Basefrog said:
MAJOR EDIT!!

Its a 44G tank!! Eek I don't think I have room for that =/ Seems the deal of a lifetime as it is FREE ='(

Oh wow, that's really large! Apparently thy guy doesn't know how to judge things well!

Well maybe you can shove things in it and keep it for a later date. I'm not sure!

I know haha! Though it comes with a foot long Pleco. So I would have to somehow get rid of that. Hmm.. Might have to sweet talk the parents to let me keep it downstairs untill I move out xD I don't think my room can take much more water weight =s

Yes! Sweet talk! That's what I do with my parents, and then I let them help pick out some fishies:). It's a win win situation!

I know for a fact what is going in it.. CICHLIDS!! If it was a 20g I would have done the Puffers.

So how many tanks do you own? In your room? Around the house? If you don't mind me asking ^_^

Basefrog said:
I know for a fact what is going in it.. CICHLIDS!! If it was a 20g I would have done the Puffers.

So how many tanks do you own? In your room? Around the house? If you don't mind me asking ^_^

That'll be sweet! I've never really gone into cichlids, only angels.

I have lots of tanks:)
In my room: 55g turtle tank, 8g, 10g, 2.5g, and 1g bowl (hoping I can get a 'bookshelf' tank in august for a puffer)
The rest of the house: 12g in sisters room, 2ishG in living room, and 55g in basement:D

Nope not at all!! Well compared to some people on here this I have a little. However, when I get my own place in the future (far future) I'm hoping to get a 125g for the turtle and do something cool with the other 55g!

OMGOMGOMGOMG! Just seen my first baby RCS! It's soo cute only like 2mm long ^_^ And I can't take a picture because my sister has my camera with her =(

Basefrog said:
OMGOMGOMGOMG! Just seen my first baby RCS! It's soo cute only like 2mm long ^_^ And I can't take a picture because my sister has my camera with her =(

Oh my goodness!!! That's awesome:). So cannot wait to see the little shrimp! Eeee:dance:

Yeah! My RCS still aren't large.. They are a little over 10mm i'd say =o But I am seeing more and more Shrimplets now.. They are on my Dwarf Hairgrass and im the java moss =D

Back
Top Bottom