25 Gallon Redo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottyhorse

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all! Some of you guys know I am setting up a 7g rimless. Buuuut.... My 25g REALLY needs some help too. :( Figured since I'm setting up one tank, might as well help another :)

The Specs:

25 gallon AGA
Aqueon t5HO with Giesemann bulbs (could very well change)
Aqua Clear 20 (hoping to fix my ac 50)
Floramax and sand substrate
Dry ferts
Glut (for now :) )

Planned Flora:
Haven't put too much thought into it.... It's a tall tank (19" I think) so for sure some corkscrew valls. Do they do ok with glut? I would like to do a carpet of some sort. Maybe HC 'Cuba'? Probably a red tiger lotus for a pop of red. I'll do some more looking into it tonight... Suggestions welcome as always :)

Planned Fauna:
Pair or harem of German Rams (we shall see what they decide)
6 Cory cats (2 bronze, 4 peppered. Have two of each right now)
10 Neon Tetras
3 Otos and a bunch of Amano shrimp
1 Platy
1 male Betta

No let me explain the stock.... :lol: This was my first tank, so it's a bit random. But the current stock works (I don't have all if it yet) and I like the fish in there :p

Here's a current picture of the tank.... Quite... Um... Not very nice :p (pic was after a wc and after I added sand)

Attachments

• image-3048066014.jpg
    image-3048066014.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 94
Vals tend to be sensitive to Glut but I used a very high dose of Glut and my Corkscrew Vals never had any problems. I think a lot just depends on a tanks individual chemistry of a tank.

Vals tend to be sensitive to Glut but I used a very high dose of Glut and my Corkscrew Vals never had any problems. I think a lot just depends on a tanks individual chemistry of a tank.

Is there any other Corkscrew Val-like plant that is ok with glut? Just thinking of other options just in case.. :)

Look into some of the thin leaf crypts like Balanese which is probably too tall but maybe Spiralis or Retrospiralis (I can't remember how tall they get off the top of my head). There are some Aponogeton's that get thin long leaves. Or Echinodorus Vesuvius which I love.

Aponegeton sp. cripus might be a good one. It will get tall, though. Retro-spiral is a great suggestion.

I'm very fond of hygrophila augustifolia and hygrophila pinnatifida in tall tanks.

Back
Top Bottom