26gal planted discus tank update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Prediscus23

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have build 26 gal discus tank nearly at fruition. Tell what you guys think.
water wisteria
Red lily
Green Cabomba
Anubas Nana
Unknown plant (front left corner)
Java Moss

Seiryu stone
1 red fugi discus
1 Tiger stripe Discus
1 Blue Ram
2 Cardinal Tetra
1 Juli corycoradoras:fish2:

Attachments

• IMG_0488.jpg
    IMG_0488.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 170
I like the balance of the tank, very nice! Also love the red discus, they are one of my favorite discus.

Yep sure is. They'll get as big a their surroundings let them. Sadly, the died because I had to move houses and they couldn't handle the shock of the move :( . The lived for over a year and a half with no problems what so ever and happy until I moved. They got about 3.5 inches in that tank.

I've talked with multiple breeders and researched that's what I was told. 10 gal of water for ever discus is the rule of thumb

I've talked with multiple breeders and researched that's what I was told. 10 gal of water for ever discus is the rule of thumb

So you would stick a discus in a 10 gallon tank? Sorry, no. I'm sorry to say but I agree with the others that the tank is too small. They will not grow to their tank size the same way other fish won't grow to the size of their tank. It will end up with stunted growth and health problems down the road.

Could you give us the links to where you found this information?

It was a breeder in Missouri. Anyway I don't have them anymore. I'm doing a dwarf cichlid and rainbow tank now. Didn't mean to get everyone all fired up geez. I was new to the hobby then, my discus were healthy when I had them. So calm down everyone.

It was a breeder in Missouri. Anyway I don't have them anymore. I'm doing a dwarf cichlid and rainbow tank now. Didn't mean to get everyone all fired up geez. I was new to the hobby then, my discus were healthy when I had them. So calm down everyone.

Wow, this was one heck of a resurrected thread. Didn't see the dates on it. I don't think anyone was angry, just trying to be informative. It's easy to assume an angry tone through a post when done through an online medium.

Yes 10g per discus is for stocking but you still need the minimum aquarium size along with proper water quality or they will be stunted not grow full size and die sooner. You either miss understood your breeder or he is not to intelligent and just wants to make money.

We are just trying to inform you. The lfs around here that will sell discus say nothing less then a 65 and they will only sell you 6 if you bring in yoh water to be tested and it has no more then 10ppm of nitrates. A really good forum for discus advice and set up is simply discus. Anyways sorry for comming on so hard but when you tell me thay they only need a 50% once a week or something like that and you have them in a 26 gallon and two that probably arent a breeding pair. Seeing as they are like any cichlid and aggression needs to be spred out evenly if you don't have a pair. But dwarfs eh. Kribs by anychance?

We are just trying to inform you. The lfs around here that will sell discus say nothing less then a 65 and they will only sell you 6 if you bring in yoh water to be tested and it has no more then 10ppm of nitrates. A really good forum for discus advice and set up is simply discus. Anyways sorry for comming on so hard but when you tell me thay they only need a 50% once a week or something like that and you have them in a 26 gallon and two that probably arent a breeding pair. Seeing as they are like any cichlid and aggression needs to be spred out evenly if you don't have a pair. But dwarfs eh. Kribs by anychance?

Na not at the moment I just have some German blue rams but, I am wanting to get some apistos. Not sure yet what else I want yet tho

I had some double res cocktoids I thought they were the cockatoos which they also had. I jist couldn't remember which strain had the extended rays on its dorsal fin.

Back
Top Bottom