28 Bow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hannibal the Bichir

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, I feel bad since I've taken no photos. The ray 2 is going to be here to tomorrow. I'm planting some java fern and Anubis tomorrow. Having second thoughts on my rock choice, it was the only thing I could find.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 58
I forgot the name of that plant. It will not let me attach one per post, so hang in there!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 63
Golden dojo loach and bristle nose Pleco are professionals at digging up plants. They couldn't grow roots sooner :banghead:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 72
Surprisingly these plants, with the exception of the banana. Have prospered in two standard t8s. Incredible, such a low par.
Current stock-
Nameless plant
Random crypt
Java moss
Dwarf micro sword
Going to be resurrected banana plant

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 66
Are you planning on adding any fast growing plants and co2? I think with a ray 2 on your lightly planted tank with slow growing low light tolerant varieties, you might run into algae issues.

Oh, I'll mention it in this thread. I did get my DIY co2 to work, just took two days to pressurize. With the ray 2, I thought it was moderate lighting seeing the par value charts?

Sorry interpreted your post wrong. Yes, I will add some more light demanding varieties tomorrow like an Anubis nana from my other tank. I'm going with hc instead of dhc this time.

Got to love algae, this is my 2.5gal. I'm getting to lazy with excel, I need to dose in the mornings. Spring break is to tempting to sleep I though. Ha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 60
Looks good! I have the same tank!! Well, I'm not sure if its the EXACT tank, I think mines whatever brand they sell at petsmart.

I'm interested to find out how your finnex works for you whenever you get it. Thinking about purchasing it for mine as well but am worried about how well it'll penetrate to the bottom.

I messed up on some names, they were dwarf sag and ludwigia. I'm gong to split the Anubis nana and propagate the ludwigia. The left over Anubis will go to the 28 and ill tie the rest to the driftwood.

I ravaged my 2.5:(. But :), I grabbed some dhc, wisteria, Anubis nana, java fern, dwarf sag, ludwigia. There floating for now. Co2 is constant, any ideas on diffusers. I'm out of bamboo and I feel like cotton would stop the flow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 44
Yay, the Finnex Ray 2 came. Heres the final setup, I hope they start growing like crazy.

Attachments

• Papa Pics 063.jpg
    Papa Pics 063.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 45
There is a little algae on the Anubis nana. I'll put another 2l bottle on the co2. I am adding some more plants soon.

I have no clue what this is. It's almost like dhg with more pronounced structural features.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 42
Posted as New Thread

Attachments

• driftwood 070.jpg
    driftwood 070.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom