29 Gal Planted Tank! Need much advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, obviously from the very first picture! How many harlequin rasboras could I put in with 2 bolivian rams and 8 cardinal tetras?

How big are the Bolivian rams? I don't know if they would get along but the rasboras would get along with the cardinals!!!

They get no bigger than 2.5" and actually benefit from small fish such as cardinals and rasboras in the way that they feel safer knowing smaller fish are surviving in this habitat so it is safe for them

That's perfect! That's so much guys! So what do you think for numbers? How big of a school do the rasboras need? Do you think this would work?
2 Bolivian Rams
8 Cardinal Tetras
6 Harlequin Rasboras
1 Albino Bristlenose Pleco

you will need high light for the baby tears I believe and also some liquid fertilizers and root tabs to get good plants growth. like the bonzai idea. I think you attach the moss with thread or light fishing line.

That's perfect! That's so much guys! So what do you think for numbers? How big of a school do the rasboras need? Do you think this would work?
2 Bolivian Rams
8 Cardinal Tetras
6 Harlequin Rasboras
1 Albino Bristlenose Pleco

That's perfect!!!! Good luck and don't forget to post a picture of it when your finished I would really like to see it!!!! Or u can private message me

What are root tabs? And what kind of fertilizer do you use? And I will look into lighting!

Root tabs are tablets that have nutrition for the plants. The root tabs are designed to the buried in the substrate next to plants that get their nutrition form their root system.
I use a fertilizing technic called PPS-pro. It isn't the only technic but it is the one that works for me. There is TUNS of information in the internet about PPS-pro and other was of fertilizing.

Last edited:
I had something totally different in mind! Thanks for clearing that up. I will start a build thread when I get some money to throw at this tank!

Back
Top Bottom